INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organising dsd and pcm  (Read 561 times)

terrys999

• Recent member
Organising dsd and pcm
« on: June 16, 2018, 02:59:49 pm »

Is it possible to separate and group ie.. dsd tracks from 192 in my library? Or say 44.100 from 192 .

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Organising dsd and pcm
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 04:25:18 pm »

Sure. You can create a separate views for 44K, 192K and for DSD (>768K or filetype =DSD)) - or for any sample rate or combination of sample rates you want.  Or you could sort a single view by sample rate.  Just create a custom view with the appropriate rules and sorting.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: Organising dsd and pcm
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 03:43:23 am »

In addition to creating custom views, you can also create a custom Rename, Move & Copy Files rule that move your lossless PCM, lossy PCM, and DSD to separate directory trees. That allows you to have your file types separated and organized in your file system if that is what you want.

I've got a custom Rename, Move & Copy files rule that moves my lossy PCM, lossless PCM, and DSD to separate directory trees. Everything that gets imported to my library gets processed with that rule. It's a bit of a long and complex rule with a big ifelse statement and a bunch of isequal statements and other functions. That rule is what keeps my media file system organized.

When working with rules like that make sure you have a backup of your files and library before experimenting. And try the rule on a few files first before trying on the entire library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up