INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Ripped DVDs  (Read 802 times)

terramar

• nothing more to say...
Playing Ripped DVDs
« on: June 12, 2003, 02:04:16 pm »

I've got a bunch of DVDs that I've ripped  to my hard disk.  I've been using MyHTPC, but am thinking of switching to MediaCenter 9.  I just need to figure out one thing.

I use Hairstyle for display on my tv.  I'd like to easily add my ripped DVDs to the menus for viewing - the same way I added all my MP3 files.  I've got cover art  and data (DVD Profile) - how can I make this info appear under the "video" category?  I've been accessing vide via the "My Computer" link - and I note that it creates a virtual "DVD Title 1(XX chapters) file, and I can copy that to the Video portion of the Media Library.  But is there a way to not only automate this, but to also add all the movie data, cover art etc?  I've tried setting the cover art to this "virtual" file, but can't even get it to display.

I want these ripped DVDs to be as easy to access as MP3s.  I'm sure I'm just missing something.

Thanks-

Tom

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing Ripped DVDs
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 03:19:57 pm »

At the moment MC is not up to the level of myHTPC in this respect.  You cannot display extar info in Hairstyle like you can in myHTPC.  It may come but at the moment development is working on the GUI changes for 9.1
I would use MC as your back end but to sick to myHTPC as your front end for the moment until things are sorted.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up