INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for Pandora  (Read 918 times)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Request for Pandora
« on: May 09, 2018, 10:54:09 am »

Hey there, great to see streaming in development for JRiver and the Id and Panel system!

I want to make a polite request to look into Pandora as an option for streaming.

Logitech Media Server has a nice implementation of Pandora Radio, a bit out of date now but it works. On first glance it looks similar to your recent work on Radio Paradise. You can see how this works by installing picoreplayer with LMS on a Raspberry Pi. Radio stations work for premium subscribers, and play as mp3 streams.

I know this is opening "Pandora's Box", and JRiver has a great radio feature for local files already with Play Doctor. But if this is possible you would also have the Killer Swiss Army Knife of internet radio baked into JRiver.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Request for Pandora
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 11:06:53 am »

I just read this quote below from the streaming thread, obviously it's relevant to this request. Great work so far, especially if this leads towards Zone Sync 2 playback this is going to be awesome.

If a LMS-like implementation of Pandora is also possible, +1!  Pandora is popular and very good internet radio service from a customer perspective.

But I can also see that aligning with the big money-losing players in streaming is problematic, and probaibly not mission aligned with the below vision for JRiver streaming.

What we've done so far is this:

Collected all of the streaming features in one place.  That includes Podcasts.

Built a visual, touch friendly interface for these.

Added Radio Paradise, FIP, BBC World Service, and Radio Swiss Classic.

A lot of changes to support Radio Paradise.  It's pure FLAC streaming.

Modified Streaming in the tree so it doesn't also expand.

We will try to do some of what you want in the near future.

I'd like to find a way to get the streaming interface working in Panel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up