INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it normal that I have to click a song twice before it starts playing?  (Read 1580 times)

nataru

• Recent member

It usually happens after I don't use JRiver for longer than approx~ 30 minutes.

I will have to double click a song twice before it starts playing. After that, all songs just play fine just double clicking it once.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

maybe what is happening is MC is not the focus so you double click and it brings MC back into focus and then you click again to play....just a thought

also check tools>options>general>behavior
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

nataru

• Recent member

maybe what is happening is MC is not the focus so you double click and it brings MC back into focus and then you click again to play....just a thought

also check tools>options>general>behavior

I just tested and it appears to be that. I first clicked on the JRiver window, then double clicked on a song, and it's working.

What should I look at at "Behavior"?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Are you using VNC?

nataru

• Recent member

Are you using VNC?

The only network thing I have enabled is Gizmo with my Android phone. But I use JRiver desktop 95% of the time.

Also I would like to note that when the problem occurs, and I right click a song; the song seems to have initiated. It'll show up in now playing as well. But it's just stuck. If I double click it again, then it'll start playing.

Should I run a log file?

JimH

• Administrator

Please don't send logs unless we ask.

What is the full version of MC that you're using?

Any other programs that affect the display?  Windowblinds, for example.

nataru

• Recent member

Please don't send logs unless we ask.

What is the full version of MC that you're using?

24.0.19 64 bit.

I'm using DisplayFusion, but I don't know if it even affects JRiver. I gotta try now and see if the problem appears with the program turned off.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

I'm using DisplayFusion, but I don't know if it even affects JRiver. I gotta try now and see if the problem appears with the program turned off.

I use DisplayFusion on all of my Windows machines. I have to exempt MC from the Titlebar buttons it adds, or else they show up in weird places (like inside combo boxes in the Tagging Action Window) but otherwise it doesn't interfere with MC at all.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

nataru

• Recent member

After some testing, DisplayFusion ended up being the problem. I'm not sure why though. I went to "Compability" in DisplayFusion's settings and just disabled lots of stuff so DisplayFusion would not affect JRiver, and it's working now. Thanks a lot for the help. I don't know if I would ever find it if it wasn't for your post :o

glynor

• MC Beta Team

After some testing, DisplayFusion ended up being the problem. I'm not sure why though.

That's surprising. As I said, I run it on all of my machines. I do typically have an exception in it for MC, but only because of those weird overlay icons that show up in weird places (and I always forget for a month or two after switching to a new major version of MC).

I've never seen this behavior. But, DisplayFusion has lots of functions. I keep it pretty minimal, so maybe you have something turned on that I keep globally disabled.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

nataru

• Recent member

After some fiddling, the issue is still there, even with DisplayFusion disabled (so that wasn't the problem).

The issue seems to be that when I switch from a track with a 16 bit depth, to a track with 24 bit depth, the track does not play. I have to click it twice before it starts playing.

Also, the problem only happens when I use my speakers with DirectSound (which is the default audio device on my PC). When I switch to WASAPI, the problem does not occur, but I need to hear sounds from other sources on my PC so that's not an option for me.

Now that I've pinpointed the problem it's easy for me to reproduce it and post a log (if needed).

JimH

• Administrator

You can use WASAPI if that works.  Uncheck "exclusive mode" in WASAPI options.

nataru

• Recent member

You can use WASAPI if that works.  Uncheck "exclusive mode" in WASAPI options.

I just tried this, and for some reason, I can't play 24 bit songs at all with exclusive mode checked off.

JimH

• Administrator

Use MC's DSP Studio > Output Settings to convert to something that works.

nataru

• Recent member

Use MC's DSP Studio > Output Settings to convert to something that works.

Thank you! Problem is completely fixed now :).
Pages: [1]   Go Up