INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't paste cover art any more in MC24  (Read 617 times)

kgosfm

• Recent member
Can't paste cover art any more in MC24
« on: April 30, 2018, 06:37:15 pm »

Years ago, when updating from 17 to 18, some of my settings were lost, and whenever I ripped a cd, it wouldn't put the cover art in the folder.  That's OK, I thought, because I can just "paste from clipboard" and everything will be fine.  Sure, it's an extra step, but no big deal.  I've been doing that for many years now. 

Imagine my surprise today when I just tried to paste a cover image, and the old familiar right-click drop down menu (Cover Art) is gone, replaced by only 2 options: "View (first file)", or "Copy To Clipboard (first file)" 

This is a pretty large problem for me.  By the way, if anyone's listening, I hate the new default skin in Standard view. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't paste cover art any more in MC24
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 06:45:32 pm »

So change the skin.  It's under the View Menu.

Where would you be right clicking?

You might try solving the first problem.  If cover art isn't getting downloaded, you could have a problem with antivirus or firewall.  Also check your options for File Locations.  Is the cover art directory available, read-write, and the disk not full?

kgosfm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 07:11:18 pm »

Thank you for your prompt reply... well, after trying many times to paste a .jpg, suddenly it started working like it always does.  Issue solved. 

As far as the first issue (i.e. not putting the cover art in the same folder as the audio file), It's not that I'm trying to download new art, I already have it on my HD.  When I rip a cd, I always add the art before I rip it.  MC17 (and previous) always put the image in the folder with all the tracks when the rip was completed.  Now it doesn't.  I have the box selected for "put art in folder with file", but it doesn't do so.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 06:45:20 am »

Have you been through the wiki on this?

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

If the names match, you can right click on an album and choose Cover Art > Quick find, but the cover art directory needs to be set correctly.

Or you can keep cover art in the same directory as the audio.

It's in the wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up