INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does MC ASIO driver support 24 bits/96 Khz (with Qobuz) ?  (Read 1687 times)

Fred le Barbu

• Recent member
  • I listen Rock music
Does MC ASIO driver support 24 bits/96 Khz (with Qobuz) ?
« on: May 03, 2018, 02:05:14 pm »

Hello,

I try to play Hi-Res music from Qobuz with JRiver, using "JRiver Media Center 23 ASIO" (I use MC24 but "MC23" is written, no matter).

It works fine with 24 bits/44 Khz and 24 bits/ 48 Khz but not with 24 bits / 96 Khz:
With 96 Khz streaming, Qobuz sometimes crash, or sometimes nothing is send to JRiver...

Perhaps MC ASIO driver doesn't support 96 Khz ?

I use 32 bits JRiver version , but it's the same with 64 bits version. And it was the same with MC23.

And using WDM with Wasapi (exclusive mode), the sound is slow and jerky, awfull. With just Wasapi, sound is almost correct.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Frederic
Be cool, and listen good music

Fred le Barbu

• Recent member
  • I listen Rock music
Re: Does MC ASIO driver support 24 bits/96 Khz (with Qobuz) ?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 03:29:39 am »

Hello,

I add the results of some additional tests:

I tried on another PC in Windows 7, on a well muscled config: the behavior is exactly the same.

I tried with Foobar, with Hi-Res flac files, on ASIO JRiver output . And there it works until 192 KHz!

Is there any special setting in JRiver for compatibility with Qobuz?

Thanks

Fred

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 10:55:31 am »

Playing 24/96 audio through WDM works in some cases and not in others. For example, Tidal 24/96 stutters when playing through WDM.

You might ask Qobuz if they they are aware of the problem.

The fact that it says MC23 rather than MC24 maybe also be the problem. It sounds like you may have both MC23 and MC24 running. You might want to go into MC23 and turn off WDM and then shut down MC23. Then bring up MC24 and see if the driver then says MC24.

Fred le Barbu

• Recent member
  • I listen Rock music
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 10:19:07 am »

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

MC23 was not installed. With Foobar, as with Qobuz, only MC23 ASIO driver is visible (or unvisisible when the box ASIO driver in unchecked in JRiver general preference).

I think I have read something about a bug that can be solved by making changes in the registry. But I can't find it anymore...

Fred le Barbu

• Recent member
  • I listen Rock music
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 11:06:41 am »

Hello,

I've made some modifications, with no success:

I've uninstalled MC24 and installed MC23.

Qobuz doesn't crash anymore. But no sound is sent to JRiver with 24/96 streaming...

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 01:07:48 pm »

I confirmed that I am seeing MC24 in the name of the WDM driver, so not sure why you see 23. But, if you see your problem with MC23 then it would probably be the same in MC24. With WDM in MC24 I still have the stuttering with 24/96 from Tidal.  It really does seem like there is a problem with 24/96 with WDM. Unfortunately, JRiver has not made investigating this problem a priority.
Pages: [1]   Go Up