INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert Foobar created .xml tags for SACD ISO to JRiver?  (Read 1291 times)

HamDog

• Recent member
Convert Foobar created .xml tags for SACD ISO to JRiver?
« on: May 13, 2018, 05:58:42 pm »

I'm in the long process of moving from Foobar to JRiver.  Most of my SACD ISO files were tagged with Foobar, which writes the tags to an accompanying .xml file which resides in the same folder as the iso file.  Most SACD ISO files don't come with proper tagging, so I had made lots of corrections which all reside in the .xml file.

Is there a way Jrive can recognize these tags from the .xml files?  Or do I need to re-tag the hundreds (thousands?) of SACD ISO's in my catalog?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Convert Foobar created .xml tags for SACD ISO to JRiver?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 09:44:14 pm »

The latest build (24.0.27) has the capability:

7. NEW: MC will open and parse Foobar sidecar files for SACD ISO files if JRiver sidecar files are not present.

As long as the foobar sidecar file is with the media file, importing the file will result in foobar data to be imported.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

HamDog

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 10:20:21 pm »

I just upgraded to MC24 (from 23) after reading your post.  However, it's still not reading the .xml file.  These files were already imported before.  Some of the ISO's had an .md5 & .sfv extension in their folders (I presume these are sidecar JRiver files) as well as an .xml file, while other iso files only have an .xml file.  These iso files load properly in Foobar (meaning correct tagging from the .xml), but incorrect in JRiver. 

I understand there is preference to the jriver sidecar files rather than .xml if both present.  Is there any quick way to delete the md5 & sfv files?  And is it safe to do so without messing up the library? 

Not sure why xml files are not reading when no other sidecar files are in the directory.  I tried right clicking on the album, choosing "Library Tools" and then "Update Tags (from library)" and I get error messages.  Below is a paste of the log:

Media Center encountered errors while tagging or moving files. Check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs.

Tagging error: Z:\Music\Popular\Various - Best of Super Audio CD (2002) - SACD ISO [2.0-5.1]\Various - BEST OF SUPER AUDIO CD (Pio DSD).iso
Tagging error: Z:\Music\Popular\Various - Best of Super Audio CD (2002) - SACD ISO [2.0-5.1]\Various - BEST OF SUPER AUDIO CD (Pio DSD).iso

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 07:04:12 am »

Are you using 24.0.27?  It's in a thread near the top of the MC24 board.

HamDog

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 09:40:30 am »

Are you using 24.0.27?  It's in a thread near the top of the MC24 board.

No, I thought I was!  Problem fixed with 24.0.27.  Now I just right click the disc, and choose "Update Library (from tags)" and the correct tags appear!  Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up