INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo, only allows "play here"  (Read 918 times)

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
Gizmo, only allows "play here"
« on: May 16, 2018, 06:34:11 am »

I am using Gizmo and JRiver for some years. Easy to select my songs on computer. Love it.

I am sometimes using  another computer, connected to my dac, but that gave no problem, when selecting  the right access key at start.

Since today, changing computers again, I do get access to the computer at start, no problem. But I can only select on gizmo "playing here", not to play on computer. There is no way to change, as it does not show another way than play on phone (that works by the way)

So, I can play my music when I select my music on the computer itself, then it just plays on the dac. Maybe a setting changed on jriver by accident, I not know, but this is annoying as I installed JRiver for playing music as I seldom use  it for a movie, as I have a media player.

Weird thing is this. I have it on BOTH computers I can connect, and also as well on my tablet, as on my phone, I cannot select the music to play on computer/dac.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo, only allows "play here"
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 06:41:54 am »

Try powering everything off and back on, including the network.

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 09:24:49 am »

No that did not did the trick on the computer I usual used for a few years.

I think the problem is we have two networks.  Gizmo connects righter fast (too fast?) and it seems when it connects I see wants to connect to the other network. I see the other server, sfr, when connecting although the wifi is clearly on both devices to the usual network. It seems to be a setting that changed on that computer. I managed, don't ask me how to make it work on the other computer.

If it would connect to the other network is not logic either. First the phone/tablet is connected to the same network.  It can play "here" from it also, but does not allow to play files on it. When selecting the files on JRiver on computer, all fine......

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 11:57:29 am »

I have been trying hours, and really hours to make something work that has been working for a very long time.

I reconfigured it from scratch. The difference is now that it show to play to server, but does nothing, after that. When playing the files directly from JRiver, no problem, playing the files from computer works too.

Been reinstalling, been shutting down and restart, nothing seem to make this work again.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 12:05:31 pm »

I have been trying hours, and really hours to make something work that has been working for a very long time.

I reconfigured it from scratch. The difference is now that it show to play to server, but does nothing, after that. When playing the files directly from JRiver, no problem, playing the files from computer works too.

Been reinstalling, been shutting down and restart, nothing seem to make this work again.
Did you delete and reinstall gizmo?

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 12:37:32 pm »

Did you delete and reinstall gizmo?

Well I did now.  First if it not want to work on any circumstances with my phone or Android tablet, it does with the Gizmo browser, on another computer then where the files play. I managed also to use phone-gizmo with other computer, but not the one I regular use.

So I delete and reinstall gizmo on phone.  After reinstalling, my access - points were still there and now the play on server option was gone again!
So I deleted it again, and reinstall, but this time running ccleaner after delete.   Open it to just found out, again the two computers were in the settings, and everything the same!

It really beats me. Two years no problems with this. I really want to use this computer

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 12:55:45 pm »

Well I did now.  First if it not want to work on any circumstances with my phone or Android tablet, it does with the Gizmo browser, on another computer then where the files play. I managed also to use phone-gizmo with other computer, but not the one I regular use.

So I delete and reinstall gizmo on phone.  After reinstalling, my access - points were still there and now the play on server option was gone again!
So I deleted it again, and reinstall, but this time running ccleaner after delete.   Open it to just found out, again the two computers were in the settings, and everything the same!

It really beats me. Two years no problems with this. I really want to use this computer
Ok  can you take a screenshot of the gizmo screen (showing the devices) and attach to to a message here?

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 01:30:08 pm »

Thanks Bob, I will do that  tomorrow probably, as it is dinner time here now, been busy with it all day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up