INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idea for improving YADB  (Read 845 times)

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
Idea for improving YADB
« on: June 10, 2003, 09:45:12 pm »

Just had a nice idea for improving YADB.

I came to this when I received an MP3-Album which was in complete disorder, the tracks didn't contain a track number, neither in the filename nor in the tags, so YADB was not able to identify the CD correctly so I can fix it.

I got around "Tag & Rename" which can aquire the track names & order from "www.allmusic.com", all I had to to is order the files after the shown sheme, using up & down - arrows in the tool.

2 questions:

1. Would it be possible to extend yadb so it can act like www.allmusic.com?

2. How can I change the order of files so I can use "Fill numbers from order" correctly? Or is there no way to move a file to another position in a list order (except for playlists)?

Thanks
Raist

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Idea for improving YADB
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 11:22:12 pm »

Or is there no way to move a file to another position in a list order (except for playlists)?

Currently, in version 9.0, adding the files to a playlist or Playing Now is the only way to reorder them.

Rob

nila

Re: Idea for improving YADB
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 01:15:16 am »

Biggest improvement for YADB would be letting it retrieve the information, then displaying the old and the new info side by side and letting us choose which fields we wanted to update to the new info etc after we could see it. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up