INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessing media from abroad  (Read 813 times)

Arlett123

• Recent member
Accessing media from abroad
« on: May 20, 2018, 08:58:49 am »

I’ve recently moved from the UK to Singapore leaving my server and NUC (running j river media server) hosted on my parents network. I’m using JRemote to access my movies and music on my laptop/iPhone/iPad which is great.

My question is - how might  I get these files to stream to an amplifier/tv here in Singapore? Would Apple TV/Chromecast/Networked Amplifier or similar show up as a device on JRemote if they are on a different network?

Any help appreciated.
Richard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Accessing media from abroad
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 09:02:16 am »

Please read the Media Network topic on our wiki.

You can generally play from the MC on the server to any MC zone on your local network.  Set it up in MC first to make sure you can play to the zone.  Then use JRemote.

Arlett123

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 09:09:17 am »

Hi Jim, I’m not sure that covers my issue? My local network is back in the UK so j remote allows me to access the files easy enough. But I want to get them to an amplifier/TV here in Singapore and I’m wondering what the solution(s) might be?

Would an Apple TV for example allow me to stream the files that I remote has accessed from my server in the UK?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 09:18:45 am »

You can do this all with MC on the server and MC running locally.  The fact that you're on two different networks doesn't really matter.

The quickest way to learn is to try things.

Arlett123

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 09:25:19 am »

Thanks Jim it’s good to know it’s possible. I’m quite happy to try things but unless I have the products to play around with it makes it quite difficult. Is an Apple TV the solution to my problem or will I require another j river running locally?
Pages: [1]   Go Up