INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Burning & que music  (Read 824 times)

ErnRenner

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
CD Burning & que music
« on: June 07, 2003, 12:56:00 pm »

Im not sure what Im doing wrong, but every time I try to make a cd, there is something weird happening with the songs I queue to the E: Drive (CD Burner). Right now I try to queue 20 songs, and it sends each song twice... then when I try to get rid of the copies - they do not go out of queue. What am I doing wrong... no matter what way I queue the songs, it doesnt work unless I make a playlist and move the playlist.

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
Re: CD Burning & que music
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 04:06:08 pm »

I had the same problem.....also, when this happened, MC9 would freeze and I would have to close it.

Anyone have any ideas?
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2003, 06:53:19 am »

How are you sending tracks to the burn queue? If you select tracks, then click the "Burn CD" button, it will send the tracks to the burn queue. However, if you select the tracks, then use the "Send to.." menu to send them to the burner, then click the "Burn CD" button, you'll get two copies in the burn queue.

As for not being able to delete from the queue, there was a bug fix a couple builds ago that fixed that problem.

Crowfan: are you still having the "freeze" problem with the current build?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2003, 01:49:15 pm »

Well, I have the most current build, and it was freezing (the title bar said "Not Responding"). But I just tried it again according to your directions, and it seems to be OK. It still takes longer than it should though. I think the delay is related to the scanning of devices, i.e., seeing if there is a disc in the drive, etc.  It's not a major problem, because it works, it just takes long (about 90 seconds for the burn que to appear). I'm running WinXP Pro, with 512 RAM and a 2.24 Ghz P4 processor, so I would think it would be quick. Most other functions in MC are pretty fast.

Plus, after I do this, even if I delete the songs from the que without burning, MC is horribly sluggish for anything else after that (even navigating around, etc.). I have to close and re-open, then it's fine.

Thanks
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 05:09:29 am »

90 seconds is way too long. If you email me, maybe I can put together something to figure out what's taking all the time.

Thanks,
John T.
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up