INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about filename lookup.  (Read 682 times)

Len_Lekx

• Recent member
Question about filename lookup.
« on: April 25, 2018, 01:26:14 pm »

Newbie here - trying to decide which media server I want to use.   ;D

I've installed MC24 to test it out, and have run across a slight issue.  One of the series I've stored on my hard drive is "Space: 1999" - now, I understand that colons are not allowed to be used in Windows filenames, so I've renamed it to use a dash instead of a colon.  This worked when I grabbed the episode names from TheTVDB.com, but MC24 tries to connect it to a different series that uses 'Space' in the name.

I'm going to try re-importing my library, just to be sure I didn't do anything wrong - but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with series names, and how you may have gotten around it.

Thanks in advance...

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Question about filename lookup.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 01:44:48 pm »

for a test take away the dash on one and see what happens
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Len_Lekx

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 01:48:49 pm »

Can't hurt to try...   ;D

RD James

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 02:08:01 pm »

Do a lookup on the first episode only, and it will prompt you to pick a series.
Then select all episodes and run it on all episodes and I think it should work.

Alternatively, do the lookup on the first episode, copy the "TheTVDB Series ID" tag to all other episodes, and run the lookup on all episodes.

Len_Lekx

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 06:34:50 pm »

In that case, I'll just need to cancel the auto-import - cool.   :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 07:18:48 pm »

In that case, I'll just need to cancel the auto-import - cool.   :)

Correct. You don't want to be importing to fix TV show metadata. The function you want is the "Get Movie & TV Info..." function.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Len_Lekx

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 01:44:42 pm »

Quick update - I've just finished importing all of my TV Series rips.  I had to alter the Title tag on the 'Space: 1999' folder - but once I did, it got the data with no problem.  I still have a minor issue with the BBC series 'Primeval' - in that it doesn't seem to recognize all the episodes.  I'm going to have to look into that.  I also had to manually edit the Doctor Who data, because it wanted to use data from the original series rather than the 2005 restart... but it wasn't too difficult to fix.

Up next - I have a few more videos to rip and import, then I start on configuring the TV system to use my cable and satellite STBs.  Then comes teaching the remote.

(Glad I bought it...   ;D )
Pages: [1]   Go Up