INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Resize Album Art Option Please?  (Read 1773 times)

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
Feature Request: Resize Album Art Option Please?
« on: June 03, 2018, 07:15:52 am »

This is been an issue for me with every version of MC I ever remember using.  MC will only resize album art so that it fits the screen for the Cover Art Option (see screenie1.jpg attachment).

If I also wish to see track info information, the album art will not fit on the screen (see screenie2.jpg attachment).

Can you please add an option to always fit the album art on the screen?

Thanks.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Feature Request: Resize Album Art Option Please?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 11:27:32 am »

pull the bar down
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 11:41:13 am »

Okay. See screenshot with the bar pulled down only allowing a single file of the entire playlist visible.

So raise the bar again when I want to make use of feature functionality related to Playing Now play list, and then lower it again when I want to see album art.

~OHM~

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 01:33:16 pm »

have you seen the Detach Display option?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 03:41:34 pm »

I have not seen this particular option.  Please note that this is from my laptop that runs MC24 maximized.  I do not have lots of real estate to show additional windows.  However, my requested feature would solve this issue nicely.

~OHM~

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 04:42:25 pm »

ok then...good luck with that ;)

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 11:11:14 am »

After some investigation of MC, I resolved this issue on my own.  I modified the Track Info template for Noire to resolve this.  Additionally, I added some more useful track information that I wish to see.  See screenshot below of the previous cover image that by default no version of MC I have ever used would display properly.

swiv3d

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 06:33:42 pm »

You could of course use theatre view , Audio, Playing now, List. To get rid of the downloaded images go to options>theatre view>appearance and select no theme.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 08:05:31 pm »

No thanks.  This particular view is horrible for me.

My issue has been resolved with my template modification.

swiv3d

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 09:47:55 pm »

Yeah awful a full list of what's playing and the full cover art. Don't know what I was thinking.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 12:20:28 pm »

My issue has been resolved with my template modification.

If you like my modifications I have made, I am attaching the two files I changed to this post.  All you have to do is save both to your C: drive, rename index.txt to index.html, rename main.txt to main.css, and then copy both files to:  J River\Media Center 24\Visualizations\Track Info\Noire

Please note that I have the latest version of Opera web browser installed, and I have configured MC24 to use the Chromium engine.  What this means is that the CSS file will work as-is with either newer versions of Opera or Chrome web browsers.  There are reports that Internet Explorer does not support max-width and max-height used in the CSS file.

There is currently nothing built into MC24 that offers this or the track info I added.  You can now have it too.

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 06:27:04 am »

Thanks for the pointers, Jamil! I have created a new 'track info'-layout to match the skin 'Modern Cards: Dark Edition'. Please find it here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,116394.msg804459.html#msg804459
Pages: [1]   Go Up