INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Rip DVD audio tracks into mp3s?  (Read 874 times)

Chrispod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Can Rip DVD audio tracks into mp3s?
« on: June 09, 2003, 12:39:12 pm »

Hi Gang.  
My new question is how do I isolate the audio tracks on a concert DVD and rip them into mp3s?  I can't seem to find the way to even PLAY the DVD let alone rip the audio.

I recently wrote in and asked about how to get back my imported tracks in my library of music in MC9.  I didn't lose the music, it just wasn't imported to the MC9.  I thought my 30 day trial was up.  I knew I could regain the files, but would all that tagging work be gone?  For instance, Shania Twain's three recent discs have different ways of naming each disc in the tagging.  One says Green disc, and one says disc 2, etc...  I like to "clean" up those things, and I'm happy to say that the MC9 tagging in most cases, gets to what I call the DNA of the song file, whereas with MMJB I constantly lost the tagging of files, beceause the library seemed to always be changing.  I like the stability of MC9, and hope the page doesn't come up empty again!

Thanks Again.
CHRISTOPHER

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can Rip DVD audio tracks into mp3s?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2003, 01:34:04 pm »

Unfortunatley, ripping audio from a DVD is actually kind of complicated and time consuming. I've done a little research, but haven't actually tried it myself yet. The places to start looking for info are:

http://www.doom9.org/

and

http://www.everwicked.com/

Have fun!

Rob

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2003, 01:54:29 pm »

I haven't tried it with MC yet, but it can be done. You have to play the DVD with a player app (I use WMP), then set up another app (MMJB, etc. -- I'm sure MC would work too) to record from the sound card. Then you click Play on the player and Record on the other app. It works in real-time though, so a 5 minute song takes 5 minutes to record, and you have to do it manually. This is the only way I've found to do it. Other apps are so confusing that I didn't think it was worth the effort. Man, would it be great if MC could do this one day!  But, as another poster mentioned, it's not an easy behind-the-scenes process. We can hope....
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

Sniffy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Honore ton erreur comme une intention cachée
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2003, 02:40:59 pm »

Hi
I'll do it one time with "Full metal Jacket".
I use Noedivx 9.2 cold fusion software, not the 9.3.
You can rip your dvd in your computer then there is a function to "Extract audio" but in AC3 format.
Then a function "AC3 to Wav". Don't know if "ac3 to wav" is OK. I use another software named PX3convert.
You have to do this one after another.
You can't play AC3 format in MC but Microsoft mediaplayer can do it.
Good listening
Pascal
Pages: [1]   Go Up