INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound, after restoring library from alternate computer  (Read 1131 times)

Butters

• Recent member
No sound, after restoring library from alternate computer
« on: June 11, 2018, 08:51:56 am »

Greetings,

I recently purchased two 24.0.30 licenses.  One for a laptop (new, full license), and one for a desktop (upgrade from 23.0.104).

My laptop is what feeds my home stereo's DAC.  So I use it to update metadata, playlists, etc.

Today, I restored my desktop's library by way of inputting the .zip created by the laptop's library backup.
The restore displayed success, and all seemed well.  The updates that I had made on the laptop are now present on my desktop.  And music played.

As soon as I changed playlists, it went silent.
Restarting the application made no change.
Restarting my desktop PC made no change.

I do have sound, outside of Music Center.  All other applications are good.  In fact, my Music Center version 23.0.104 (from which I recently upgraded to 24.0.30) has sound.  So something is amiss with my version 24.0.30.

I looked at all of the audio related settings, togged a couple of them back and forth, checking for sound each time, with no luck.

Please advise.

Thank you.

swiv3d

Re: No sound, after restoring library from alternate computer
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 05:26:40 pm »

Do your desktop music folders have the same addresses as on the laptop? Are you using the WDM driver on the desktop with secure boot active?

Butters

• Recent member
Re: No sound, after restoring library from alternate computer
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 02:37:02 am »

I fixed the problem.

I restored my desktop's library via a backup that originated from my desktop.  That put everything back to normal, but left me back at square 1 -- without the metadata that I want from the updates that reside on my laptop.

I fixed that problem, too.

On my desktop, I, again, restored the .zip file that was created by my laptop.  This time, I unchecked the "Restore settings" option (did not notice it, originally).  This left only the "Restore library and playlists" option checked.

This had the ancillary result of producing a happy camper.  :-)

Thank you for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up