INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 24.0.34 -- Available Here  (Read 5427 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 24.0.34 -- Available Here
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:04:48 am »

Download standard build
This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 24.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240034.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240034-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

24.0.34 (6/7/2018)

1. Fixed: Panel - The disable forced conversion option was breaking video playback.
2. Changed: TV does a better job purging clients that have stopped interacting with the server.
3. Fixed: Wrong info could be reported in "TV Logs" when there was a critical error on the TV engine.
4. Changed: TV does a better job of cleaning up when a critical error is encountered.
5. Fixed: Sorting on complicated expressions could crash.
6. Changed: Added some logging when stopping transport stream TV recording.
7. Fixed: Cover Art images were missing in OpenGL Theater View Line Up views.
8. Changed: Delete button is no longer available in Theater view when selected TV shows are currently recording or being served to clients.
9. Changed: The size status of a recorded TV show that is being served to clients is changed from "Currently recording" to "Currently serving clients".
10. Changed: For the list of "Recordings" in Standard TV view, "Configure Recording" and "Cancel Recording" buttons are no longer available for TV shows that are being served to clients as those actions do not make sense.
11. Changed: Remove uncompressed file types (wav, aif) from 'Upload to Cloud' qualifying list.
12. Fixed: Dr. Who playlist downloading wasn't working.
13. Fixed: Uploaded playlists created on Mac weren't playable on Windows.

24.0.33 (6/7/2018)

1. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).
2. Changed: Adjusted audio buffering during Blu-ray Menu playback to allow for higher audio processing latency (ie. with Convolution).
3. Fixed: When the name filed switched back to blank after playing a radio stream (or similar) it would update the name field in the database to blank.
4. NEW: Panel - When going to the Playing Now page, the list will jump to the currently playing track.
5. NEW: Panel - Added an alphabetic seek to the folder view page change controller.
6. Changed: Panel - Added color to the stream buttons on the Streaming page and adjusted the color of the Streaming page button.
7. Fixed: Panel - The Panel theme was missing from an element.
8. Changed: Minor additions and corrections in Chinese translation.
9. NEW: One can specify a folder on an alternative hard disk for TV recording and time-shifting (must be on a different hard drive).  Useful for people who record a large number of shows simultaneously.
10. Changed: Added a translation item "Channels^^TV^^" to distinguish TV channels from audio channels.
11. Changed: The MCWS call Playlist/Files returns a copy of the files with links included.
12. Fixed: Sidecar files were created erroneously for some audio files supporting internal tagging, even if the sidecar mode was "Save in sidecar if internal tagging is not supported".  This happened when audio option "write tool name and version" was off.
13. Changed: Adjusted expired time tracking in OpenGL Theater View to try to prevent failure after long time of idle.
14. Fixed: Media Center could crash when reading slightly malformed WAV files with "Load full file (not decoded)" memory playback mode enabled.
15. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
16. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
17. Fixed: "Remove Tags" did not remove sidecar files for non-JPEG images.
18. Fixed: "Remove Tags" removed video sidecar files even if sidecar was turned off for videos.
19. Fixed: The Chromium web engine did not properly save cookies in all situations.
20. Fixed: Stopping Radio Paradise right after it was started would stall waiting for the upcoming tracks to load.
21. Changed: Double the amount of pre-buffer when playing a Radio Paradise track to hopefully avoid cut-outs between tracks.
22. Changed: Updated SoundTouch library (used in the Tempo & Pitch DSP and VideoClock) to 2.0.
23. NEW: Support for playing Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus in audio-only MP4 files.
24. Fixed: Playing Blu-ray Menus with tightly packed TrueHD frames could result in playback failure.
25. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
26. NEW: Panel - When a new item starts playing, the Playing Now list will attempt to scroll to bring it into view.
27. Changed: Panel - Clicking on the Playing Now page button while on the Playing Now page will bring the currently playing item (if there is one) into view.
28. Changed: Panel - The background of the currently playing item in the Playing Now list has a different shade to make it more visible.
29. NEW: TV Engine would try to stop run-away recordings in case the main thread is blocked for some reason.
30. Changed: LipSync default adjustment amount is changed from 50 ms to 10 ms.
31. Fixed: DLNA: Do a direct query of the volume of a DLNA renderer zone when we it's not the current zone (or JRemote/Gizmo will show 0 volume)
32. Changed: Pressing escape will leave the fullscreen browser view.
33. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
34. NEW: Panel - Added an option to the settings page to disable MP3 conversion when playing to the browser. If disabled, Panel will attempt to play the file without conversion parameters. If it fails to play, it will fallback to the transcoded version.
35. Fixed: Panel - The disable conversion option was not getting loaded from the cookie.
36. Fixed: Locking or unlocking a playlist when there were multiple playlists visible in a split view would lock or unlock all of them instead of only the correct view.

24.0.30 (5/21/2018)

1. NEW: APE files can load their information from online files now.

24.0.29 (5/17/2018)

1. Changed: Tweaked EPG loading code a bit in an effort to eliminate a rare anomaly.
2. Fixed: Loading tracks to memory disables when playing Radio Paradise or any other URL.
3. Fixed: Solved a few Radio Paradise startup issues.
4. Changed: Added m4b back to the import list.

24.0.28 (5/15/2018)

1. NEW: Added CPU Cores to the reporter view.
2. Fixed: The Maximum setting for thumbnail creation threading was not working properly, it was devoting less core to the task than desired.
3. Changed: The thread priority setting for thumbnail creation has been tuned to not overload the processor especially in the normal threading model.
4. Changed: Adjust threading on image drawing to adjust to the number of available cores.
5. NEW: Added an option to choose the playlist format when syncing to Handhelds.
6. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).
7. Changed: Items on Tools > Options > General page are no longer alphabetically sorted if the language used is Chinese.
8. Changed: Updated Chinese translation.
9. Changed: Added FPL (foobar) to the playlist import tool.
10. Changed: Renamed language choice "Chinese" to "Chinese (simplified)"
11. Changed: Removed M4P and M4B files from the import selection.
12. Changed: Opening a new Media Center tab now shows a blank page with instructions to select a desired item to view in the tab, rather than opening a web browser to the 'Start' page.
13. Fixed: The desktop could flicker when switching tracks or playing the last track.
14. Changed: "Update tags (from library)" will be allowed even if "Update tags when file info changes" option is off.

24.0.27 (5/11/2018)

1. NEW: Made Radio Paradise honor the next track button and jump to the next track.
2. Changed: Multiple TV recordings can be selected and deleted at once in Theater View.
3. Fixed: Viewing JPEG images with no date information in the tags would update the last modified time on the file.
4. NEW: Added instruction and tooltips regarding in-place editing on "Manage Channels".
5. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
6. Fixed: Pushing next track on the last track in a playlist when continuous was off would cause the playback position to become invalid.
7. NEW: MC will open and parse Foobar sidecar files for SACD ISO files if JRiver sidecar files are not present.
8. Fixed: Panel - The Play context menu would get closed immediately after being opened in some cases on mobile devices.

24.0.26 (5/8/2018)

1. Fixed: A crash could occur when DLNA searches were done if there is more than one DLNA server configured and they are searched simultaneously (thanks jmone).
2. NEW: Added NFO to the list of text files.
3. Changed: Another update of the Modern Cards skins with work by Glynor (thanks!).
4. Fixed: MC popped up an error message each time a tag of an SACD ISO file is edited if sidecar support was not turned on.
5. Updated Chinese translation (thanks YanJun Sun).
6. Fixed: Radio Paradise files would import if the setting to import played files was set.
7. NEW: Added the MCWS command Playback/Play to issue a play command (and do nothing if it's already playing).
8. Fixed: Crash after OTA DVB EPG scan since build 16.
9. NEW: Panel - Added a streaming page that will show up when playing to the 'Player' zone.

24.0.25 (5/3/2018)

1. Changed: Radio Paradise starts with the first track and then loads subsequent tracks in a background thread instead of the main thread.
2. Changed: Upgraded to Monkey's Audio 4.34.
3. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tyler69

Re: JRiver Media Center 24.0.34 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 02:29:56 pm »

4. NEW: Panel - When going to the Playing Now page, the list will jump to the currently playing track.

Thanks. Tested on latest Chrome for macOS. Sometimes the current track will "jump" to the top. Sometimes it "jumps" into the middle of the visible list. While it may be irritating, this and the highlighting underlying color deliver much better usability. It would be nice if the mentioned behavior could be made consistent (e.g. either the currently playing, highlighted track will be always on top of the browser or always in the middle of the browser). This leads me to a question:
Also, will you please also look into updating the "/playing" view when the tracks proceed (e.g. scroll up the list so that the currently playing, highlighted track stays always on top / in the middle)?

Alex M

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 11:59:19 am »

Would you try maxing the pre-buffering out and see if that makes it go away?  Thanks.
Yes, I tried, but it did not help. Setting "Use large hardware buffers" does not help either.
However, the increase in the buffer in the ASIO driver's control panel partially removed the problem. It began to appear randomly, that is, or not.
With WASAPI as with ASIO.
For the Direct Sound mode, manipulation of the buffer size does not help either.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 05:10:23 am »

Tools -> Options -> Video -> [Default subtitle language] and [Default audio language]

When setting above to "No subtitles" and "No default language", the settings are not retained (ie. when return to those options it revert back to "English" for both)

I have few movies in foreign language for which setting to "English" just doesn't work. For example my Apocalipto mkv rip has Mayan audio set as default. But it also has English commentary track. So when playing the movie, MC chooses English commentary track.

PS. Can i suggest additional options to above settings - "Default specified by media" (or shorter name that i cannot think of righ now that basically select track that is flagged default by media ... in absence of that ... for audio just select first audio track in media ... for subtitles do not select anything)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 02:27:36 pm »

64-bit build.

Seeing weird behavior with linked tracks. Linked tracks created with MC 23 work fine. When I create linked tracks in MC 24, MC will not play any track that is linked to the following track. Instead, it skips to the next track that is not linked to a following track.

For example, I have a playlist with 10 tracks. Tracks 6, 7, and 8 are linked together. Playback from track 1 is fine until it reaches track 6, at which point it jumps to track 8 (never plays track 6 or 7). This happens regardless of the number of consecutively linked tracks.

Trying to start playback on a song with forward links causes playback to start with Track 1.

lmurawski

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 10:35:39 pm »

Using 64-bit build 30, while accessing my PC with Remote Desktop, the File menu opens every time bring activate the remote session window.

I created a video of this behavior.

https://youtu.be/fVZ8AuMNaz4

I am using RoyalTS in the video and have tested with plain Remote Desktop Connection and have the same issue.

The first action I took was to minimize and restore the window.  Then I switched tabs in RoyalTS.  Every time I activate the remote session with MC running, the File menu opens.

BradATIMA

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 08:57:20 am »

Thanks. Tested on latest Chrome for macOS. Sometimes the current track will "jump" to the top. Sometimes it "jumps" into the middle of the visible list.

It should always try to put the currently playing item at the top. Is it possible the the list is already near the bottom when it jumps to the currently playing item but leaves it in the middle of the page? The only time I can reproduce this is if the list can't scroll down any more.

This leads me to a question:
Also, will you please also look into updating the "/playing" view when the tracks proceed (e.g. scroll up the list so that the currently playing, highlighted track stays always on top / in the middle)?

It should do this already. The one exception to this is that Panel doesn't render the entire list, so if the next track is far enough out of view, Panel won't be able to find it to scroll to it when it starts playing. Clicking on the Playing Now page button while on the Playing Now page will bring the currently playing item into view.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 08:32:57 am »

Click Playlists and machine bogs down, MC stating "installing required Chromium components"

re-installed, won't go away

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 04:41:19 am »

Click Playlists and machine bogs down, MC stating "installing required Chromium components"

re-installed, won't go away
As a workaround you could change IE to be used to render webpages. For some reason Chromium package doesn't get downloaded and it jams whole MC.

I have proposed fix that MC should switch to IE automatically if Chromium installation fails but this seems not to be considered such big problem for upgraders. (For first time installations MC uses IE as a default)

If you still have earlier MC installation in your appdata folder you could also copy chromium installation from there to new  folder and it should work.

bvocal

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 07:03:35 am »

First, the update did not retain (at least... so far) my skin settings. Then when I woke my computer up from sleep this morning the desktop was black, no taskbar... nothing... I alt-tabbed and closed everything, JR was last, it would not show up on the desktop, but I was able to stop it while holding alt-tab and the desktop reappeared.
Pages: [1]   Go Up