INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Artists ?  (Read 1038 times)

bc

• Junior Woodchuck
Multiple Artists ?
« on: June 08, 2003, 09:06:22 am »

I've just upgraded to MC 9.

The Organization Tree shows a category "Multiple Artists" which never appeared in MJ 8.

There are a bunch of files in there that are individual artists--only one name, e.g. Billie Holiday, in the artist field.

What criteria does MC 9 use to assign files to "Multiple Artists?"

I'd like to get rid of the "Multiple Artist" field and just assign files to the first artist listed as in MJ 8. How do I do this?
bc

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
Re: Multiple Artists ?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 09:10:48 am »

I haven't come across the problem on one artist appearing in Multiple Artists. It may be that you have one track with a mispelled artist. cHECK THAT.

MC puts multiple artist albums in a folder called 'assorted' by default at time of ripping.

Check to see if your album is in there.

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2003, 03:21:55 am »

I have posted elsewhere, whereby all my albums with the common title "Greatest Hits", rather than showing as individual albums (single artists ... e.g., Kinks Greatest Hits), instead show as a single album and multiple artists.

It would seem the only criteria MJ9 has for multiple artists on an album is the album's common name.  I don't remember this being a problem with MJ8, but now many have my artists have disappeared because they now come under the heading as "on an album with other artists".
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2003, 06:32:49 am »

Change view schemes from "Album Artist (auto)" to just plain "Artist" if you don't like this.

MC's album analyzer looks at the tags and file location when deciding.  (it works under the notion that each album gets its own folder on the hard drive)

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up