INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controlling a server from a laptop  (Read 541 times)

Tiddles

Controlling a server from a laptop
« on: June 16, 2018, 01:32:33 pm »

I have JRiver running on a server serving music files to a DLNA digital to analog HiFi system
All this works fine.
But, I would like to control the files being played from a separate laptop running JRiver
This is because the server is in another room
How do I configure the server and laptop so that I can control the music files being sent from the server to the DLNA device
by instructions from the laptop?

swiv3d

Re: Controlling a server from a laptop
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 08:32:45 pm »

Make sure that in JRiver media network is enabled on your laptop.
On the laptop look at the playing now section in JRiver's main display window
If you can see your main server listed there in the playing from section then click on it and select load library. You can then select anything in that library to be played. Just make sure that you have your hifi system selected. It should be listed as There: HiFi or whatever you have called it.

If your server is not listed then you need to add it by clicking add library at the bottom of the Playing from area. When the popup comes up you need to  select Library Server and then type your server's access key into the box which appears. Best to give the new library a meaningful name as well. Your library server will now appear in the playing from list and you just follow the instructions above.
Hope this helps.

Tiddles

Re: Controlling a server from a laptop
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 01:26:32 am »

I have got this sorted now.
Media Server is running on the server pc. When JRiver is launched on the laptop "There" and "There 851" appear in the playing list, 851 being the DLNA device. Selecting "There 851" and "Playing from Server Library" enables the laptop to control the music being streamed to the DLNA device. It works perfect.

When I first tried to set this up I managed to get "There There 851" on the Laptops Playing Now list. How I managed this I do not know, but I wasn't happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up