INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion for on the fly playlists  (Read 837 times)

The Grudge

• Recent member
Suggestion for on the fly playlists
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:29:01 pm »

It would be nice to be able to create an on the fly playlist that isn't saved. As it is now I can play a song and then have to remember to go to the next song and say play next. If I want to do this for multiple songs ahead of time, unless I'm mistaken, each time I say play next that track bumps the one before it. Ideally I should be able to chose an option like On the fly playlist, and each time I select play list, that track is inserted after the previous one selected. In other words the play next is in relation to the one selected before it. That way when I want to quickly make a list to play, but don't really want to save it I can. Just a thought, not sure if others would like the idea.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Suggestion for on the fly playlists
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 09:54:34 pm »

what about all the existing choices?

add to playing now
add (as next to play)
add (to beginning)
add (after current album)
add (after current artist)

you can even just drag any song into playing now and it will sit nicely at the bottom...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 10:49:33 pm »

you can even just drag any song into playing now and it will sit nicely at the bottom...

... or a whole Album. Drag, Drop, select "Add to Playing Now" and it will be added to the bottom of the list.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Audiothrill

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 09:51:59 am »

Long time ago, my first player in use has been Winamp and I started to like its look and feel. Later, when I changed to JRiver it took me some time to understand how to get a similar view in handling files to play:

Did you try "split views"? On the left window you can open "album view" and on the right side you can click the "playing now" section. Then you easily drag and drop between the two. 

The Grudge

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 06:01:08 pm »

... or a whole Album. Drag, Drop, select "Add to Playing Now" and it will be added to the bottom of the list.

Thanks, but it doesn't function as I want. So if I am playing a song from an album and I want to create an on the fly playlist, if I select songs as you suggest as Add to Playing Now they are indeed added; however, they are added after all of the tracks from the album I was playing originally when I selected a track from another album to be added via Add to Playing Now. So to clarify if I am listening to an album and there are say 6 tracks left in that album, but I get the urge to hear something next from another album, if I do the Add to Playing Now whatever tracks are added correctly, but they don't occur until the remaining 6 tracks are played first.

swiv3d

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 06:17:23 pm »

Just move them up in the list. select then  drag up or down. Or do as ferday suggests using add (as next to play). I use split screen and drag new items to the player and drop them where I want them to play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up