INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver as my central DSP : optical input, local software, analog input, DTS,...  (Read 677 times)

gug42

• Recent member

Hello everyone,

I'm new to jriver and computer based DSP.

I have started to look at jriver to do some convolution on my evolving loudspeaker : active filtering and room correction.
For the first trial I will use a windows PC based, Terratec DMX 6 FIRE usb card, 3 amplifiers, a umik1, rew and rephase.
If it's works, perhpas I could buy a pro usb card with more output. Or add a second usb DAC.

And now I'm interrogating myself : can I use jriver as my central DSP for evrything, music and film ?
Is there any "scripting" or "switching" based on different criteria inside JRiver ?

Some exemple :
- The DTS  flow will came trought the optical input of the usb card, Can JRiver detect it ? Can I associate an operation like : decoding the DTS and send it to to the "good" output ? 
- Another flow come throught the RCA input, can JRiver detect it  and send it to the output in the good way ?

Can I associate for thoses options differents convolutions files and differents outputs ?
For music listening, I will use two loudspeakers with 3 ways each.
For movies music, I will use three loudspeakers (for now) with one way each.

Hope you see what I dream to do ?  Do you think I could ?

Thank you in advance !

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome to the forum.

The wiki has topics on Zones and ZoneSwitch.  You can set up two or more zones to do different things and you can switch automatically, depending on the media type.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

MC does not support zone switch on inputs at present, it would be nice if it did and this is something I have requested before - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=112839.0

This means you would have to do that scripting outside of MC at the moment to tell it to open some particular input device as a line in or just set the DSP config. You can use MCWS for this, see https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started#Write_my_own_Apps_that_can_control_Media_Center for details

gug42

• Recent member

Hello,

Thank you JimH and mattkhan.
Ok I need to find rules that match my use case. well hope I found :)

Any rules about the type of flux, like DTS*, Dolby*, AC3*, PCM* ?
Thank you in advance.

I just see a rules about number of channels. Perhaps could do the tricks ?

Regards,
Pages: [1]   Go Up