INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] IMDB "Get Movie & TV Info" slow searching and no cover art?  (Read 1064 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen

Hi all,

For years this has worked fine for me, but all of a sudden, this search function is very slow and when completed there is no longer a cover art picture? All the other info is there just no cover art.

Can anyone advise if there is a setting that I need to change?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: IMDB "Get Movie & TV Info" slow searching and no cover art?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 02:38:37 am »

Sometimes the server has trouble.  Try again later.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 02:58:10 am »

Sometimes the server has trouble.  Try again later.

Thank you for the prompt response.  Sorry I have actually had this problem for months I just haven't bothered to post here as I thought it wasn't important enough to waste everyone's time. I think there is an issue, as it hasn't worked for sometime and I have only just gone to MC24, it wasn't working with 23 either for a few months now.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 03:10:49 am »

The site converted to a new format and has had some ongoing problems, but it is working right now and has been working fine for me for weeks.

If it isn't working at all for you, ever, check your firewall settings for all MC programs. Part of MC is probably being blocked from reaching the internet.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 06:02:14 pm »

The site converted to a new format and has had some ongoing problems, but it is working right now and has been working fine for me for weeks.

If it isn't working at all for you, ever, check your firewall settings for all MC programs. Part of MC is probably being blocked from reaching the internet.

I have checked windows firewall and there are no parts of MC being blocked from the internet.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 08:42:02 pm »

Actually, it was https://www.thetvdb.com/ site that changed format, and that is used for TV programs, not movies. I now see from your thread title that you are talking about the IMDB, or more correctly, https://www.themoviedb.org/?language=en, which is what MC uses.

So are TV program lookups working, but movie lookups not working? Or do neither work?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 08:59:11 pm »

I forgot to mention I'm running W7x64 and a Windows Update solved this issue. I hadn't run updates for some time.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up