INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add From File for cover art causes updates of music (.flac) files  (Read 492 times)

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck

With JRiver MC 24.41 x64, if I click (in the Panes view) an album with a big question mark, choose Add From File, and click on a .jpg file that's in the same directory as the music (.flac) files, MC says it's updating files and goes through all 7 of them (in the album I tested things on), and all the music files are updated (at least in terms of what Windows File Explorer shows for date/time). This is so even though under MC Options/File Location/Cover Art, "also store the image in the file's tag" is not checked. The size of the music files do not change -- specifically, it doesn't increase, although an image had been imbedded. I see in the album directory that folder.jpg has been created, which does conform to Options.

Why does date/time change?

swiv3d

Re: Add From File for cover art causes updates of music (.flac) files
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 06:20:12 pm »

MC has done what you asked, it has placed an image file in the folder containing the music files . If you right click on one of the music files and select tag you should see the image for the file and below it the address of the image. If the file has been embedded it will just say image inside file.

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Add From File for cover art causes updates of music (.flac) files
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 11:47:01 pm »

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up