INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback could not be started on selected audio output  (Read 484 times)

phowell

Playback could not be started on selected audio output
« on: July 15, 2018, 09:41:20 pm »

Hello,

I have been using JRiver for a couple years now and have never really had any problems until today.  In JRiver 24, I keep getting the same message.  "Something went wrong with playback - Playback could not be started on selected audio output.  The audio format may not be supported by your hardware.  You can use DSP studio to change the output to a compatible format."

I did not change a thing and this error just started out of the blue.  I have checked all my audio settings and they are good.  My current Denon AVR is selected with Nvidia High Def Audio - WASAPl

The strange thing is JRiver 23 is working just fine.  I made sure that all my settings in 24 are the same as those in 23.

I have already tried doing a complete uninstall of JRiver 24 and still the same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback could not be started on selected audio output
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 12:05:58 am »

If you also ran MC23, make sure it's not set to exclusive mode in the audio settings.  Or that something else isn't.  Exclusive mode prevents all other applications from using the sound device.

phowell

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 01:06:12 am »

Thanks for the tip but I am still having the same problem.  I went into Audio... then Device Settings and unchecked Open device for exclusive access.  But it had no effect.  I have been running 24 for about three weeks and never had a problem until today.  Last night, my four year old stood on my keyboard.  :)  Since then, it has not been working.  Not sure if that had anything to do with it but it is the only thing I can think of.

Thanks again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 01:27:45 am »

Thanks for the tip but I am still having the same problem.  I went into Audio... then Device Settings and unchecked Open device for exclusive access. 
Check MC23 and all other audio programs. 

Check the Audio Setup topic on our wiki.

Check that you can get sound from Windows Control Panel > Sounds.  There is a test there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up