INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver audio of video stream to DLNA and video to monitor screen  (Read 2097 times)

KMSV

• Recent member

Is there a way I can stream audio to a DLNA streaming client (cambridge audio CXN v2) and video to one of the monitor on my computer (actually a connected TV)?

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: JRiver audio of video stream to DLNA and video to monitor screen
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 07:28:51 pm »

Are you talking about splitting the AV signal from 1 source file to 2 devices at the same time or configuring your setup to play audio files to 1 and video files to another?

KMSV

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 11:41:03 pm »

Splitting AV from a video file, with audio streaming to the CXN, and video continue to play on the computer.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 01:26:31 am »

If you create a Zone with both devices in it, then you can push the same media to both devices in that Zone. This won’t split the media into separate audio and video sub streams. But you might find that your amp can play the audio part of the mixed av stream anyway. (That is what most av receivers do - they play the audio part, and pass thru the video part..)
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

tyler69

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 01:56:33 am »

But as far as I know, you have to start playback in each zone manually, no? There is no way to define several zones in which playback should start (at the same time), right?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 02:49:21 am »

But as far as I know, you have to start playback in each zone manually, no? There is no way to define several zones in which playback should start (at the same time), right?

If both devices are in the same zone, the playback will start simultaneously when you push to that zone..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

tyler69

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 03:14:21 am »

Ah, sorry. I misread your post (I read "one device per zone").

KMSV

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 07:25:18 pm »

I think pushing AV to both devices within a zone may work, I will give that a try and report back.  Thanks so much.

KMSV

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 07:56:17 pm »

I tried to do this, but ran into problem where I don't see any way to add additional devices to a zone, especially if that device is a streamer (the CXN).  the CXN appeared in JRiver as it own zone.

I tried linking the zone and that seem to progress a little, however unfortunately since CXN doesn't decode video, it won't play the file.  Is there a way I can configure JRiver DLNA server to strip out the video portion?

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 02:16:49 am »

I own a CXR120 that has the same media streaming module and Cambridge Audio tell me that it will support streaming video if a Chromecast is connected.

Of course the CXR is an AVR and has video out capability where the CXN does not, but if you have one you could also set up Bubble UPnP try and see if the CXN will play the audio track from a video file...?
Pages: [1]   Go Up