INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZoneSync query  (Read 601 times)

petec

ZoneSync query
« on: July 08, 2018, 08:27:08 am »

Hi,

I upgraded from MC22 to MC24 to use the new ZoneSync feature and it appears to work okay. One issue I have with it is that if I manually adjust the order of a playlist when it's already being played (i.e. in Playing Now), the linked device doesn't get updated to reflect this, so it will play tracks in the order they were originally set (i.e. different tracks so no longer in sync)

The only way I have found to work around this is to manually make the order change in Playing Now for both devices, so they always remain identical. Is this by design or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Pete.

petec

Re: ZoneSync query
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 03:17:21 am »

Can anyone help with this please? It seems like such basic functionality (central management of what plays in multiple zones in one place) that I must be missing something, but I can't get it to work.

Thank you in advance for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 07:19:39 am »

Normally one zone shouldn't be affected by another, but in this case, you're probably correct. 

petec

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 10:42:11 am »

Thanks. This is a great feature for MC to have and it would be great to have similar usability to say Spotify, where zones are managed so seamlessly. Is future development planned in this area?

I have now noticed a secondary issue where playing a playlist or album via 2 linked zones will only play the first track, then playback stops. When viewing the list of tracks in Playing Now, the playing track is not highlighted in bold (as it normally is when playing in an unlinked state), which suggests to me that something is wrong. This seems to happen regardless of the master server used to create the link.

I have each zone configured as per the recommended guidelines, and have reconfigured each zone from scratch a few times. Has anyone else seen this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up