INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server Sync does not auto update cover art (at least for video)  (Read 504 times)

tjobbins

• World Citizen

My MC network is as follows:
* MC Library Server: Windows 10, running in a VBox VM
* MC Library Client #1: Windows 10, HTPC
* MC Library Client #2: Mac OS, workstation

All are running the latest MC v24 versions available.

I import all media on the server, and both clients are set up with Library Server Sync running in the background.  This works great, except for one minor annoyance: cover art changes made on the server do not get pushed to the client.  These changes are only seen by the client if I close and re-open MC on the clients.  (Or, I assume, if I were to disconnect and reconnect to the remote library on the clients; haven't tested that yet.)

All other changes do seem to be reflected OK, and with background sync enabled the clients pick up new file additions and tag changes almost instantaneously. 

So it's a shame that changes to cover art made on the server (usually via Cover Art -> Get From Internet..) aren't also pushed through Library Server Sync automatically.

This results in me having to periodically restart MC on the HTPC, as I run Theatre View on there and it's preferable to have the proper cover art in place.

Note: I've only tested this so far with video cover art (TV shows and movies).  I imagine it's the same for music, but haven't tested that yet as my music library isn't changing much at the moment.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up