INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 24.0.41 crashing?  (Read 1047 times)

Reddy Kilowatt

• Recent member
MC 24.0.41 crashing?
« on: July 27, 2018, 05:51:41 pm »

Has anyone seen this?  It doesn't happen when I'm playing music.  I just notice when I come back to my PC and hit Play on my keyboard I realize the application is no longer open.  Any ideas?  I tried the uninstall/clean install thing to no avail.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: MC 24.0.41 crashing?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 06:11:12 pm »

sleepy drive?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 10:12:02 am »

I have noticed recently that, waking the computer up from sleep or the even just waking the monitor on, 24.0.41 has been crashing.  The application GUI is unresponsive and Windows 7 grays it out, offering to kill the process.

Desktop is Window 7, 64-bit running Windows Defender for AV.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 10:23:50 am »

I've run a client server setup where my server sleeps when not in use.
It has run well for years but recently on several occasions when wanting to watch a film I have been frustrated to discover that MC has crashed on the server.
Thought it maybe my setup but this sounds like it could be the same issue?

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 10:38:27 am »

Me too.

Recently when I wake my machine I invariably find that MC has stopped and exited completely. I have had a few random crashes when playing video when MC just suddenly exits. I don't think its machine related as I can run a Youtube video in a browser indefinitely so not a heat issue. I did have some issues when playing video would cause my machine to crash and only a hard reset would restore things, but then I updated my Intel video drivers and that seemed to help a bit with less hard crashes.

This instability started a few builds back for me https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,116419.msg804628.html#msg804628

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 09:20:03 pm »

I just went through a series of having to kill and restart MC 24.0.45...

After a reboot of the Win7 desktop, I kept trying to use JRemote to start up some music.  While it was able to connect and allow browsing of the library, JRemote's list of zones/devices was incomplete -- it never seemed to populate correctly.  Walking over to the desktop and trying the GUI, it had frozen.  Killing that process and trying again, with JRemote as the "first point" of contact, the same behavior happened again.

Letting Windows stop the MC process and re-starting again, I used the GUI on the desktop to start playback on the device I was interested in (an ODroid running Kodi that has been quite stable).  After verifying that playback had started, then I was able to stop playing (on a new instance of JRemote, running on iOS) and perform my usual library browsing.

So, the above is seemingly separate from the sleep problem I first replied with, but I thought worth capturing.  After all of this, playback has been nice and stable and MC (and JRemote) seem happy to get along (presumably until the next reboot).

With recent MC releases, it really seems like it takes some patience to get things "settled" and working following a reboot of the desktop!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 11:52:25 pm »

Try powering everything down and back up, including network components.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 09:04:02 am »

Try powering everything down and back up, including network components.

I'll give that a try.

Reddy Kilowatt

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 06:01:00 pm »

Still happening in .45.  I added a post w/ log file in the main 24.0.45 thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up