INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No HDMI detected when starting movie playback with one movie, ok with diff movie  (Read 464 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I ran into a strange problem yesterday - I don't think it is an MC fault, but maybe you guys can help me figure out what is wrong.

I wanted to watch a movie on my client TV-AVR in the family room. I selected the movie (The Bourne Identity) which I have ripped to mkv. When I started the movie playing, the TV screen became all pixelated (fuzzy) and I could see in the background the TV message "No Source detected" or "No HDMI signal" (I forget the exact message, but it comes from the TV). Then I hit the escape button on my remote keyboard and MC returned to MC Theater View main page and the TV screen was now clear. I tried to play again and got the same pixelated screen and message.

Then I tried a different movie and it played fine. But I wanted to watch that Bourne movie so I watched it in the bedroom (also an MC Client). So that tells me the movie rip itself is fine- and the MC Server computer is working fine.

Any ideas as to why this specific  movie would not play in the family room? That's my best equipment.
Does this sound like a video card issue, or TV issue, or something else?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

I have had this happen in the past with mkv that I have ripped. the only solution I found was to re-rip the movie. I leave with no other explanation. (I never found out why)
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up