INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [24.0.45; Query—Answered] Indexing non-agnostic content  (Read 396 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[24.0.45; Query—Answered] Indexing non-agnostic content
« on: August 07, 2018, 01:42:32 am »

So, say I decided to cave and buy a film from the Microsoft Store. Would I be able to add it to my library in MC somehow and open it via the open with external app feature or something?

I just discovered something amazing!

So it looks like the Microsoft Store, like every other video store, allows for downloading of purchased content. The downloaded files are, expectedly, encrypted, cannot be played in MC directly, and must be played in Microsoft Films & TV; however, in a delightful turn of events, the files in question download in otherwise regular MP4 containers. This means that MC can import them, tag them, et cetera. Once this is done, all one need do is go to Tools > Options... > File Types > MP4 Video (mp4) and set the Playback Method to External Program (default). Films & TV sets itself as the default application for playing MP4 files upon installation—normally an annoyance but a boon in this case.

I guess the only thing I could suggest in order to improve this would be to have the ability to set a default external program per file but right now, I'm stoked! I might have just found my viable digital film downloads store that I've always wanted! It's not quite the platform–agnostic solution I had in mind but it suits my purposes! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up