INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album date for compilations  (Read 875 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
Album date for compilations
« on: August 08, 2018, 11:13:54 am »

I think I've tried to get an answer to this before...but no luck. Here's the issue: When I rip a compilation/anthology CD that is composed of songs tracks from different years, MC tends to assign a random year to the album. The Tom Petty Live Anthology (4 CDs), for example, is assigned 4 different years and so it ends up in four different places in my library when I am viewing albums by year. Each track is given the proper year, that's good, but there is a random date assigned on the top right of the album name / artist line for the whole album. The date is not even one of the dates from any of the tracks. Tag > Advanced > Date (release) doesn't help. How can I assign the proper 2009 album date (in this case) to get all four CDs to group together in the library?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Album date for compilations
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 12:20:23 pm »

well you kinda gave yourself a hint....you could use the grouping tag or just tag them all to the same year or tag the cd #....lots of options  :)
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 12:40:03 pm »

But if I tag them all to the same date, I will lose the individual date for each track, right?

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 12:41:40 pm »

You could make a custom library field too...

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 06:21:14 pm »

I would make a custom library field called something like Track Release Date, set it to type Date, then transfer all of the Date field values into it, then set the Date field to the required year. If you add the new field to the standard view window you can then click into it and then select all of the files you want to change, press F2 on the keyboard and the new field will open for editing. Paste  =[Date,0] into it and the Date field values will be transferred. You can then tab across to the Date field and enter the year you want into it.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 10:35:33 am »

I would make a custom library field called something like Track Release Date, set it to type Date, then transfer all of the Date field values into it, then set the Date field to the required year. If you add the new field to the standard view window you can then click into it and then select all of the files you want to change, press F2 on the keyboard and the new field will open for editing. Paste  =[Date,0] into it and the Date field values will be transferred. You can then tab across to the Date field and enter the year you want into it.

Exactly.

denton1972

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 01:51:53 pm »

I think I've tried to get an answer to this before...but no luck. Here's the issue: When I rip a compilation/anthology CD that is composed of songs tracks from different years, MC tends to assign a random year to the album. The Tom Petty Live Anthology (4 CDs), for example, is assigned 4 different years and so it ends up in four different places in my library when I am viewing albums by year. Each track is given the proper year, that's good, but there is a random date assigned on the top right of the album name / artist line for the whole album. The date is not even one of the dates from any of the tracks. Tag > Advanced > Date (release) doesn't help. How can I assign the proper 2009 album date (in this case) to get all four CDs to group together in the library?

Go to "Recent Albums", select multiple albums (hold down "shift") and edit tag (alt+enter).
Windows 11 Enterprise x64 | JRiver Media Center 32 x64 | Sonarworks SoundID Reference x64 | Klanghelm SDRR2 x64
Pages: [1]   Go Up