INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daily crash back with v34  (Read 975 times)

robt

• Galactic Citizen
Daily crash back with v34
« on: June 19, 2018, 10:34:32 am »

Hi all

Had some crashing issues with earlier versions of 24, associated with DVB-T EPG updates. That was solved a few versions ago but over the last few days, on every occasion I've returned home I've found my machine hanging having crashed and requiring a hard reset.

I believe it started in v30 and has continued in v34. I dont know if its EPG again but my most recent log file is linked below.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai-1deBMEUdigSUMH3EQ5EUmjcda

swiv3d

Re: Daily crash back with v34
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 03:46:51 pm »

Your log files are massive so no-one is likely to look through them. In the logging settings chose the option to reset the logs at 5 mb and then at least it won't take a week to open them in notepad. I read somewhere about EPG updates having problems recently.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 05:05:08 pm »

This one does not look like related to EPG loading.  The last log entry in the main thread was a successful call into a TV recording database.

It is possible this might be related to OpenGL for Theater view.  Tools > Options > Theater View > Advanced > Use legacy Direct3D Theater View (not recommended).  If that checkbox is already checked, then it is not the same issue.  If it is not checked, try checking it and see if the hang goes away.  When a newer build (37 or higher) comes out, make sure you test again (with OpenGL, not Direct3D) as Hendrik did make some changes in an effort to solve this potential problem (I said "potential problem" because we are not even sure whether this is an OpenGL issue as of now).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 05:10:35 pm »

If the issue only started recently then its very likely unrelated to Theater View.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 05:17:18 pm »

The reference to EPG updates I saw was one about the TV channels not updating fully and screwing up TV recording. So the call to the recording database could be the problem. Don't know if this is the problem, just putting it out there as a potential.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 07:14:02 pm »

EPG scanning happened around Monday 1 pm and was successful.  At 10 pm a channel was watched for about 20 seconds and stopped.  About 18 minutes later (at about 10:18 pm) it hang.  Were you doing anything after you stopped playing "Channel 5 HD" briefly?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 11:35:02 pm »

EPG scanning happened around Monday 1 pm and was successful.  At 10 pm a channel was watched for about 20 seconds and stopped.  About 18 minutes later (at about 10:18 pm) it hang.  Were you doing anything after you stopped playing "Channel 5 HD" briefly?

I'm afraid I really cant answer that one, sorry. Thanks for checking through the logs. I've been away for several days since my original posts and strangely my machine has resumed its usual standby to wake up for epg update, return to standby without any issues in my absence. There hasn't been a crash for several days but I haven't been around to use the machine either.
I will monitor now I'm back and start using again and will update with anything of significance. Hope I didnt speak too soon!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up