INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 24 client auto extracts each time I start it  (Read 742 times)

michmartin

• Recent member
MC 24 client auto extracts each time I start it
« on: June 08, 2018, 03:07:42 pm »

Any suggestions on how to fix this so MC 24 simply opens and does not extract and install on my client machine?  The startup file appears to be correct:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 24\Media Center 24.exe"

Thank you

- Martin

swiv3d

Re: MC 24 client auto extracts each time I start it
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 03:26:02 pm »

If you go to C:/Users/Your UserName/Appdata/Roaming on your client pc there should be a jriver folder containing the MC 24 files which it needs to run correctly. If they are not there when MC 24 starts up it will try to reinstall itself to set them up. Might have nothing to do with what's happening on your client pc but worth a quick check.

Lonnie

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 02:24:48 pm »

Hi
I'm curious to know if this fix works? How do I prevent jriver from deleting it after it's done?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 02:57:12 pm »

If you go to C:/Users/Your UserName/Appdata/Roaming on your client pc there should be a jriver folder containing the MC 24 files which it needs to run correctly. If they are not there when MC 24 starts up it will try to reinstall itself to set them up. Might have nothing to do with what's happening on your client pc but worth a quick check.
I don't think MC ever tries to re-install itself.  The original poster is probably running the install package, not the program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up