INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer configuration for DSD 512  (Read 1429 times)

Hung

• Recent member
Computer configuration for DSD 512
« on: August 15, 2018, 09:44:52 am »

Dear Sir,

I use my computer: Core I5 U7260/8Gb DDR4/SSD 120GB to output encoding DSD. DAC is oppo 205 (ASIO). My computer run well with 4xDSD. However it cannot run well with 8xDSD in native format of Output end coding. It is lack, delay, unstabable. Could you please let me know the reason why? What can I have to do to fix this matter?

Thanks
Hung

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Computer configuration for DSD 512
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 09:52:33 am »

DSD encoding takes a lot of CPU power, and you're only using a 3.4 GHz dual-core CPU.
A high-end DAC like that shouldn't require DSD encoding though; ESS Sabre DACs do a good job with PCM playback.
I wouldn't use DSD encoding at all, and only use bitstreaming for DSD playback - or convert all DSD to PCM instead since that will allow you to use Media Center's DSP functions.

Hung

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 11:11:36 am »

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your advice. If I use PCM so How about Sample rate will be used while JRiver support to change frequency from 44kHz up to 768 KHz ? If this changing can help to get better or not with my system ?

Tks.

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 11:19:00 am »

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your advice. If I use PCM so How about Sample rate will be used while JRiver support to change frequency from 44kHz up to 768 KHz ? If this changing can help to get better or not with my system ?

Tks.
I would let the DAC handle it and send the native sample rate, but PCM upsampling to 768kHz is much easier than upsampling to high DSD rates (this is not an indicator of quality).

Hung

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 11:41:34 am »

Thank you for advises!
Pages: [1]   Go Up