INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GPU Offload for DSD re-sampling?  (Read 926 times)

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
GPU Offload for DSD re-sampling?
« on: August 17, 2018, 01:48:32 pm »

Any chance we will see an option for re-sampling to DSD being offloaded to a GPU? Works really well in another player...no skipping etc. My NVidia 1080ti gets lonely when I am only playing music..... ;D

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: GPU Offload for DSD re-sampling?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 02:48:00 pm »

That would be a nice addition. I wonder if that would be possible for resampling in general.

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 04:52:01 pm »

I dunno.  With the Sox PCM resampling, resources required seem to be inconsequential.

As for conversion to DSD, I don't need or want to use it.  I want to go the other way - DSD to PCM - which JRiver has been doing superbly for many releases.  That way, I can use DSP on the signal, which I find is way more important sonically.

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 10:53:59 pm »

I dunno.  With the Sox PCM resampling, resources required seem to be inconsequential.

As for conversion to DSD, I don't need or want to use it.  I want to go the other way - DSD to PCM - which JRiver has been doing superbly for many releases.  That way, I can use DSP on the signal, which I find is way more important sonically.

My DAC goes up to DSD256. When upsampling from PCM in MC on my i5 6600K, it gets skippy. In HQPlayer offloaded to my NVidia 1080ti it runs smooth as butter even when doing other things on the comp.

For me, it is not needed but it is cool to have it. Plus the more capabilities MC has the more people will chose it over other options.

bmoura

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 11:01:46 pm »

That would be a nice addition. I wonder if that would be possible for resampling in general.

Agreed.  That would be a nice addition.

Pages: [1]   Go Up