INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View TV Guide layout available in the Standard View mode?  (Read 884 times)

thehay95

Is it possible to change the TV Guide layout to look like Dish, Comcast, or Windows Media Center layout?

The current monochrome text guide right very hard use.  Locating a program to record is hard.  I ended clicking on the channel and then look again at the a time slot. 

Can we have the layout in color with X-axis representing the timeline and channels showing up in the Y-axis?

Please, please, please tell us that is possible and won't take another release to implement.

OK this problem is for the Standard View mode.  I just found out the guide layout is different in the Theater View but it is impractical to use the Theater View mode on my non-HTPC computer with a 30" monitor.  I want to be able to run JR MC as a standard application not taking up the whole 30" screen.

Is the Theater View TV Guide layout available in the Standard View mode?
công ty dịch vụ giúp việc nhà bà rịa vũng tàu giá rẻ, Cuộc sống ngày nay đ̣i hỏi sự linh hoạt và hiệu quả, và việc t́m kiếm người giúp việc nhà có thể trở thành một thách thức. Dịch vụ của chúng tôi giúp kết nối bạn với những ứng viên giúp việc chất lượng, đảm bảo an ninh và đáp ứng đúng nhu cầu của gia đ́nh.

Dịch Vụ Tận Tâm và Uy Tín:
Chúng tôi chọn lựa và đào tạo một đội ngũ người giúp việc nhà chuyên nghiệp, tận tâm và có độ uy tín cao. Mỗi ứng viên được kiểm tra kỹ lưỡng về chất lượng công việc và đạo đức lao động.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View TV Guide layout available in the Standard View mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 04:49:43 am »

No.  It isn't possible.  You could easily start in Theaterview and switch to Standard View.  Try esc esc or F11.

ErikN

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 04:37:13 pm »

Just in case the functionality isn't obvious, you can search the TV listings using the search box in to upper right. You can search pretty much any view that way but I use it extensively for TV listings. I rarely ever walk through specific channels or time slots.

For example, if you type in "Sherlock" the TV listings might filter down to PBS Sherlock episodes (in title) and Elementary (in description). You can also do searches on genre, season, etc. or pretty much anything else in the EPG data.

If your goal is to channel surf that won't work. I am so recording/subscription driven I've forgotten how to do that :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 08:48:54 pm »

MC, including Theatre View, works great on my 30" monitor.

Are you trying to watch a program in a small window, while still doing other stuff on the PC?

Try this;

1. Start MC and enter Theatre View using Ctrl+4
2. Go to the Guide in Theatre View. Find the program you want to watch, and start playback.
3. Use Ctrl+6 to change to the detached window view. Resize it and move it around as you wish. It will stay on top of other windows.
4. Note that MC will still be open in Standard View once you have switched to detached view. You can minimise the MC Standard View window.
5. Carry on doing other stuff on the PC while the program plays.

Done. MC is very flexible. Read the Wiki. Have a look around the forum. You'll find lots of good ideas.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up