INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard View font size is tiny out of nowhere  (Read 437 times)

zonka

• World Citizen
Standard View font size is tiny out of nowhere
« on: August 22, 2018, 09:40:00 pm »

The font size in Standard View is microscopic.  I didn't change anything and the font size in theater view and the icon size, etc... is all fine.  Not sure where I can get the font size back to something I can read on my tv.  A computer is connected to my tv and all the desktop icons and fonts are the normal size - so I'm not sure how just Standard View in JRiver got randomly changed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Drew

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Standard View font size is tiny out of nowhere
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 10:50:34 pm »

1. Top menu > View > Size
2. Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Select Font ( should be Segoe UI, Regular, 9 point)
3. Windows Settings > Display > Advanced scaling settings

What you need to set then to depends on the resolution you run on your TV and your personal preferences.

For my 4K TV I run;
1. 100%
2. 14 point
3. 200% (specifically to get 4K, so 100% may be fine for 1080p. I forget.) Note: I currently have the Theatre View font set to 6 point because of this scaling, otherwise it is too big.

Windows or Video driver Updates sometimes reset some Windows setting values, or seem to. But settings 1. and 2. are also dependent, and I have seen changes occur in one when I adjust the other. Check both settings after changing either.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up