INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlists  (Read 509 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Smartlists
« on: August 23, 2018, 10:43:44 am »

Hi All:

Can someone provide some advice.  I copied and modified a string from a very helpful topic on smartlists that puts together a playlist based on  applying a percentage selection of the rating.  That string looks like this

[Media Type]=[audio] ~mix=1000,35%,{[Rating]=>4},35%,{[Rating]=3},30%,{[Rating]=0} ~nodup=[Artist],[Name]

My attempt is meant to select 35% of tracks rated 4 or 5, 35% of tracks rated 3 and 30% of tracks rated 0 (I mean this to be no starts....unrated).  The result never includes  unrated tracks.  The rest of the string seems to select the other tracks by rating correctly, although I didn't add them up :).

I've also tried this: "=<0" and this "<1" this "= " and this "=".  None of these included unrated tracks.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Smartlists
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 10:50:21 am »

I'm trying your smartlist and it's pulling in unrated tracks no problem.

Maybe make sure you're running the latest version?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

larryrup

• World Citizen
Re: Smartlists
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 11:19:46 am »

Thanks Matt.

After I posted, I change the string to this and it worked.

[Media Type]=[audio] ~mix=1000,20%,{[Rating]=5},25%,{[Rating]=4},30%,{[Rating]=3},25%,{[Rating]=0} ~nodup=[Artist],[Name]

Think I'm at latest version.   This likely had nothing to do with fixing it, but works now so thanks!

I'm admittally poor at these strings.  I'm not even sure where strings are defined   Is there a particular scripting language that define many of them? I'm no programmer but do like to play pretend!

Regards

Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up