INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting Music Files for Playback On Other Devices  (Read 708 times)

chcmuzza

• Recent member
Exporting Music Files for Playback On Other Devices
« on: August 29, 2018, 06:45:34 pm »

Hi

I've been auditioning audio equipment at dealers and want to take my music with me on a memory stick. I've 'drag and dropped' files from MC24 onto the stick and they land with a file type of Media Center. This format wasn't readable by a high end T+A streamer.

Is there any way I can simply export the audio files as APE or other native format shown in the MC24 window (some DSF and FLAC)?

Thanks!

swiv3d

Re: Exporting Music Files for Playback On Other Devices
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 07:47:33 pm »

There isn't a filetype of Mediacenter. If you drag flac files onto the stick they will be flac files.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 07:48:32 pm »

There isn't a filetype of Mediacenter. If you drag flac files onto the stick they will be flac files.
your to fast
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

chcmuzza

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 12:37:40 am »

Thanks folks. That's not my experience but I bet I'm doing something wrong. I'll have another go and report back. Cheers

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 02:27:41 am »

my wild guess ... you associated media files with MC (ie Windows use MC by default when you double click files media files) ... your window explorer hides file extensions ... so you see media files on your memory stick with MC icons next to them

further guess ... you copied files that T+A does not support (most likely DSD, DSF or APE ... their streamers doesnt seem to support these file formats) ... so T+A refuse to play them

just my wild guess :)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 07:50:31 am »

ya I thought about mentioning that but that's windows 101 and if they don't know that I'm not the one that can explain it to someone without yelling. nor am I willing to get into a 25 page spiel for something people should already know. but hey that's just the ornery cantankerous thing that happens when you get old like me. Right!  ;D
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up