INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: GUI Improvement Suggestions  (Read 11570 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
Re: GUI Improvement Suggestions
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2018, 12:23:33 am »

I dunno if you also meant GUI changes to panel but my 2 cents here attached as an image..
currently panel is very sparse and there is alot of wasted space under the album cover.
i suggest moving the image to the track and/or expand the image/lyric box to cover the entire height of the left side

best

Z

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2018, 11:12:47 am »

3) add a quick "remove this column from the sort" button (e.g. double click on the header)

Good idea.

Coming next build:
NEW: You can right-click a column and pick "Remove Column From Sorting" to keep the rest of the sort order but remove that single column.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2018, 01:54:43 pm »

The ability to freeze columns

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2018, 09:38:11 am »

2) add a quick "clear sort" button

Coming next build:
NEW: Added a "Remove All" button to the sort configuration window (in the menu).

Castius

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2018, 11:24:06 am »

One area i've noticed i wish was better. Lack of Control over thumbnail size in other view

Standard view
  • Details (too small)
  • Tiles (Too Large)

Theater View
  • List style (Too Small)
  • List style (larger but on the right?)
Is there a name of these list. Theater view does not say what view you're in. I can't find a list of them in the wiki.

Panel
  • list view (no thumbnail!!!)
Can't switch view style. The only way is to add a something to the category

Being able to control the thumbnail size would make them look a lot better.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2018, 07:59:33 am »

I wish there was a way to completely disable all pop-up transparency in standard view. I do have the Popup transparency mode disabled in the advanced options, BTW. My goal is simple: I just want to be able to read the popup text clearly without the distraction of the faint background glow behind the text.

I needed to PM carlismysecondname to get to the bottom of this, but in the next build the truncation tooltips will honor the transparency settings just like the big tooltips.

Thanks for the help!

Vocalpoint

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2018, 12:44:00 pm »

Any chance to get a keyboard shortcut for Library Backup? Or perhaps consider making the command a little more "safe" on the File->Library menu.

The other day I went to do a quick backup and my mouse landed on Clear library by mistake. Luckily I was paying attention...

Would be nice to see some separators or some way to move dangerous commands like Clear Library (and maybe even Restore library) to a spot away from Backup Library.

If one is not really paying attention - this one could hurt. A keyboard shortcut would be excellent - or the ability to add a toolbar button?

VP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2018, 01:30:55 pm »

The other day I went to do a quick backup and my mouse landed on Clear library by mistake. Luckily I was paying attention...

Clear Library throws a dialog before cleaning anything, so I wouldn't really think you could make a mistake.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2018, 01:36:51 pm »

Clear Library throws a dialog before cleaning anything, so I wouldn't really think you could make a mistake.

I realize that - and on a test library - I did make a mistake.

If altering the menu items is not an option - any thoughts on a shortcut (key combo) to run Library backup?

Then i would not need to go into the menus at all.

VP

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2018, 01:53:59 pm »

A way to customize the width of the individual panes would be useful
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2018, 02:23:57 pm »

If altering the menu items is not an option - any thoughts on a shortcut (key combo) to run Library backup?

That I can do!

Next build:
NEW: Added the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+B to backup the current library.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2018, 02:37:58 pm »

That I can do!

Next build:
NEW: Added the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+B to backup the current library.

Sweet!

Thanks.

VP

Castius

« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2018, 10:10:10 am »

Any thoughts on the thumbnail sizes? Or bookmark progress bars?

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2018, 02:48:21 pm »

Being able to control the thumbnail size would make them look a lot better.

+1 for theatre view. thumbnails are a bit small in certain cover flow views

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2018, 01:07:33 pm »

Here is a (probably) simple one:

Windows Explorer Context Menu Icon:

In Windows Explorer, on the right click context menu, when I right click on a media file, one of the choices is "Media Center". This is where you can send stuff to JRiver to play or import. I wish there was a JRiver icon to the left of the "Media Center" entry there so that my eye could find it faster. At least on my computer some other programs have icons, but not JRiver. I could probably create a work around, but it should be automatic (or at least an option).

Also, less important to me, I would like the context menu entry to be called "JRiver Media Center", rather than just "Media Center". But the icon would be good enough.

And thanks for these kinds of threads. You guys don't implement everything, but you have done several, and that is what sets you apart.
BC

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2018, 01:54:58 pm »

Add a Custom Context Menu Command section:

When I right click on a media file in JRiver, I want a section of the context menu that I can customize.

I know I can go to Options/Tree & View/Advanced/Right Click Recent Command Count: and set it for up to 8 commands (I wish it was more). Please make the right click context menu customizeable. I use it constantly. I want to have more than 8 commands, I want to choose them, and I want them to stay in one place.

I still want the "Recent Commands", as well. Maybe even as a "Recent Commands not already placed in the Customized section" (though this last is less important).

Anyway, just add a new "customized" section to the context menu.

Thanks again!

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2018, 02:40:16 pm »

Panes View Can Display File Count Per Individual Item:

When viewing "Audio" in the tree, I have it set to show custom panes at the top (Your customizable panes may be the best feature of JRiver!): Mixes, Genres, Artists and Albums. At the top of each pane it tells you how many are in each category. For example "All Genres (176)". This is cool. What I want though is to add is an OPTION to display the number of files to the right of each individual mix, genre, artist album.

Here's how it is now:

ALL GENRES (176)

Alternative
Ambient
Bluegrass
etc

Here is what I want:

ALL GENRES (176)

Alternative (1752 files)
Ambient (836 Files)
Bluegrass (168 Files)
etc

I know it tells you at the bottom of the screen the number of files ONCE YOU CLICK on a genre, artist, etc. However; I want to see at a glance how big each category is together while viewing the pane interface.

Thanks for considering!

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2018, 01:48:36 am »

Add a Custom Context Menu Command section:

When I right click on a media file in JRiver, I want a section of the context menu that I can customize.

I know I can go to Options/Tree & View/Advanced/Right Click Recent Command Count: and set it for up to 8 commands (I wish it was more). Please make the right click context menu customizeable. I use it constantly. I want to have more than 8 commands, I want to choose them, and I want them to stay in one place.

I still want the "Recent Commands", as well. Maybe even as a "Recent Commands not already placed in the Customized section" (though this last is less important).

Anyway, just add a new "customized" section to the context menu.

Thanks again!

Yes! Please! Would be a major improvement.  Personally I would prefer to have my own fixed choices of commands listed at top level of the context menu and then "Recent Commands" as a sub menu.

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2018, 06:40:35 am »

I have to agree with improving the explorer context menu. My default for audio is actually foobar2000 simply because I do not want to clear my playing now, or change the current view in JRiver, when double clicking an audio file in explorer. So when I want to deliberately open files in JRiver from explorer I always have to right click to display the context menu. Problem is, it really takes a while for my eyes to eventually find the open with Media Center button as it is not so obvious immediately where it is -- esp. if your context menu fills up entire width of the window. *even adding a simple JRiver icon will do.

---

Okay, I think it's also mainly because my context menu is quite over-crowded already with other menu options that also are lacking in icons causing the confusion. I can imagine if your file manager's context menu weren't as crowded as mine, the presence of an small icon wouldn't really add much.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2018, 06:49:41 am »

associate the files with MC and then a double click in MC would open them.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2018, 07:37:09 am »

Well, none of my default file associations point to JRiver by choice. Two or three auudio files types open by default with media player classic and the rest in foobar. For videos it’s a split between vlc and powerdvd. For raw photos my default is irfanview and so on... but you get the point..  so I still have to occasionally use the context menu to open media.

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2018, 04:34:34 pm »

I have one more suggestion -- however, this may not be possible due to how zones & split view windows are currently implemented:

It would be nice if the currently playing audio track's cover art could be pinned to display ALWAYS, all the time, on the lower left corner even if there is another "playing now" window/tab that is open -- or even when the tagging pane is fully expanded. I see how this could be troublsome for videos playing on two displays, but for simple cover art photos in audio mode, this should be feasible. That way, one can use the playing now display for just the track info lyrics/notes,etc. or diplaying just plain old visualization effects without the cover art completely disappearing from standard view. It does make sense, right?

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2018, 05:32:26 pm »

Here are five suggestions for improvement, some already suggested in other threads.

1. An option to lock the magnification slider in Albums view. Way too easy to hit it by mistake!

2. An option to lock a column (view) in Split View. I have Playing Now in the left-hand column, and I never want that to change.

3. An EASY way to add a Radio Station. See https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117955.0.html

4. Tagging: When you're entering an expression to change a set of tags, say

Code: [Select]
=replace(replace([name],Major,major),Minor,minor)
and something goes wrong, you can hit Ctrl-Z to restore. Why can't the entered expression be kept on a small stack and brought back for editing?  A little thing, but a huge time-saver.

5. Label the Y-axis in DSP Studio > analysis.

6. THE BIG ONE, probably TOO big. A way of controlling MC from a remote tablet that gives very much the SAME GUI as on MC itself.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2018, 06:02:37 pm »

2. An option to lock a column (view) in Split View. I have Playing Now in the left-hand column, and I never want that to change.

This is one I would like as well. I'm using Playing Now on the right in a Split View more and more often, and would like to be able to lock it in place and always on Playing Now. I can already lock it to a Zone, but it occasionally shift to a different View when the tab gets focus and I click on another View in the navigation pane.

6. THE BIG ONE, probably TOO big. A way of controlling MC from a remote tablet that gives very much the SAME GUI as on MC itself.

Well, you can have that now. Just buy a Microsoft Surface and use it as Tremote.

But I guess you want an Android version of MC or similar?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2018, 06:02:49 pm »

Would love a small "watched" tick or flag that I could apply at the folder level that is auto updated, so when displaying a list of shows in the MC GUI I can tell at a glance where I'm up to.

Looks as though this has been discussed in the forum previously.

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2018, 06:43:02 pm »

I have seriously thought of getting a microsoft surface go to get the full GUI even moreso portable and always with me as Mike48 has suggested with a tablet. So that I could at least use sonarworks, redline monitor, and the rest of my other VST plugins on the “Go”  ;)

But am partly hesitant as it may be underpowered... and not have enough juice before soon needing a recharge. I also believe you can’t put in a sim card to that surface yet for cellular internet connectivity.

It’s just annoyingly difficult to EQ all of my cans on an iphone even with Audioforge — got too many headphones.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2018, 07:24:41 pm »

Would love a small "watched" tick or flag that I could apply at the folder level that is auto updated

Do you mean at the Season level of a TV Series? MC works at the file level, so it isn't aware of a folder full of files, just files and where they are stored. But it could put a flag on a Season if all Episodes in the Season had a status of watched. That would be nice. It could be done at the Series level as well.

It should also be possible now by adding an "Expression to Display" in the Theatre View view configuration. There was a thread on something similar recently... that I can't find now.

But am partly hesitant as it may be underpowered... and not have enough juice before soon needing a recharge. I also believe you can’t put in a sim card to that surface yet for cellular internet connectivity.

Portable battery packs add life to a power-hungry device.

Surface Pro supports SIM Cards: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4056486/surface-insert-sim-card-surface
https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-surface-pro-with-lte-advanced-is-built-in-mobile-networking-worth-the-price/

Also, a lower spec Surface could be tethered to a phone, which you are likely always be carrying. Or a mobile broadband device, if you prefer. Or just use your home or public Wi-Fi.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2018, 07:43:53 pm »

Do you mean at the Season level of a TV Series?

Yes something similar to what is outlined here  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85974.0/

This thread was a few years back but I'm not sure if it was ever looked at being implemented as part of MC, or even if this approach still works as the thread mentions some errors being introduced.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2018, 08:03:30 pm »

Well, you can have that now. Just buy a Microsoft Surface and use it as Tremote.

But I guess you want an Android version of MC or similar?

Something that won't require me to buy an expensive new tablet. Maybe it's not practical.

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2018, 08:42:41 pm »

The surface pro models are rather expensive, that’s why I was thinking of the Go myself. But still, without the keyboard and possible CPU bottleneck it might not be good value as of yet.

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2018, 09:00:29 pm »

1. An option to lock the magnification slider in Albums view. Way too easy to hit it by mistake

There is a way of doing this right now (although not with JRiver’s default albums view) by simply filling up that row thus hiding the slider.

See the attached image on an earlier post I made above.

*adding the option of hiding the slider for all views should be easier to implement. Even better would be to add a custom toolbar button to instantly hide or show the thumbnail slider... should easily get rid of that thumbnail resizing problem.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2018, 09:06:18 pm »

This thread was a few years back but I'm not sure if it was ever looked at being implemented as part of MC, or even if this approach still works as the thread mentions some errors being introduced.

The Watch() function seems to have been around for ages:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Formatting_Functions#Watched

But it has been tweaked over time
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77602

What was implemented isn't as precise as Glynor's solution, I believe, but it gives you the basics and some flexibility. I think Glynor's solution came out of the discussion above, as an improvement he wanted. I also think there have been some other improvements since that time.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115863.msg800702.html#msg800702

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2018, 09:16:31 pm »

I think Glynor's solution came out of the discussion above, as an improvement he wanted. I also think there have been some other improvements since that time

Thanks Roderick, I missed that update to the Watched thread, certainly looks as though it should be a workable solution.

The code snippets are specific to Theatre View, I'm assuming they can be edited to work with Standard View?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2018, 11:05:00 pm »

I know I can go to Options/Tree & View/Advanced/Right Click Recent Command Count: and set it for up to 8 commands (I wish it was more).

I asked for this years ago, and Matt (I think) very kindly posted details on how to edit the registry and set this to however many you want. For a while I had 20 recent commands. Then I upgraded to the next MC and forgot to do the registry hack. Now I wish I knew it again. I may go looking for that post from back then, unless Matt reads this and is prepared to share again.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2018, 11:22:52 pm »

The code snippets are specific to Theatre View, I'm assuming they can be edited to work with Standard View?

Without looking at each of them, generally code that works in Theatre View works in Standard View, if it is used in the same context. i.e. A search expression from TV works as a search expression in SV. Same for a display expression.

Try stuff out. Just backup your library first.

I asked for this years ago, and Matt (I think) very kindly posted details on how to edit the registry and set this to however many you want.

"Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 24\Properties" and

It is also in at least one other place, under "Computer\HKEY_USERS\". I'm not sure which one actually matters. The one above I think.

> "View - Right Click MRU Count" DWord. Set it to 20.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2018, 12:23:51 pm »

You could use Splashtop on your tablet then you can not only control MC from your tablet, but you could also control your entire PC from your tablet.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2018, 12:29:50 pm »

Without looking at each of them, generally code that works in Theatre View works in Standard View, if it is used in the same context. i.e. A search expression from TV works as a search expression in SV. Same for a display expression.

Try stuff out. Just backup your library first.

"Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 24\Properties" and

It is also in at least one other place, under "Computer\HKEY_USERS\". I'm not sure which one actually matters. The one above I think.

> "View - Right Click MRU Count" DWord. Set it to 20.

Thanks very much, RGI!

jondavis

• World Citizen
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2018, 09:00:42 pm »

Top thing I want is to be able to hightlight a name in the "Artist" column and have a selection for "Ignore" which will bring up a field to type in what you want to Ignore.
So if it says Jon Bon Jovi - I can Ignore Jon and next time I sort by name it will only search for Bon Jovi.

Second thing would be to have two Hot-keys - one to pull text from row above you and another from the row below you

Third another Hot-key would be, when you hightlight a row to be able to show Cover Art like you do when you hover over the row with your mouse.

blgentry

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2018, 08:43:31 am »

Top thing I want is to be able to hightlight a name in the "Artist" column and have a selection for "Ignore" which will bring up a field to type in what you want to Ignore.

MC's search facility already contains this functionality.  It's almost as easy as the pop up you describe.  For your "Bon Jovi" example, where you want to ignore "Jon", you just do this:

Go to the search box and type:
Bon Jovi -Jon
The "-" tells MC to ignore (or remove from the search results) that word.  You can do multiple words with multiple "-" clauses.  Or if you want to ignore a specific phrase you can put that in quotes like:

Pink Floyd -"these days"
That would remove any song or album containing the words "these days" in sequence, but show you every other pink floyd song and album in your view.

Brian.

jondavis

• World Citizen
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2018, 08:49:20 pm »

MC's search facility already contains this functionality.  It's almost as easy as the pop up you describe.  For your "Bon Jovi" example, where you want to ignore "Jon", you just do this:

Go to the search box and type:
Bon Jovi -Jon
The "-" tells MC to ignore (or remove from the search results) that word.  You can do multiple words with multiple "-" clauses.  Or if you want to ignore a specific phrase you can put that in quotes like:

Pink Floyd -"these days"
That would remove any song or album containing the words "these days" in sequence, but show you every other pink floyd song and album in your view.

Brian.

What I want this for would be to click on the column Artist and have it sort right (how I want it to sort).
So in this case if I scrolled down to the B's you would find Jon Bon Jovi there instead of scrolling down to the J's.
Yes I have figured out how to do this by using my own field (one besides Artist) but since I sort most everything by Artist, I'd rather be able to manipulate that.

MusicHawk

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2018, 11:30:52 am »

Repeating some UX suggestions as a vote for them, plus additional:

+ Left column tree, ability to hide/show most or all of the items, at their top level and/or sublevels. It is cluttered with things I don't use, but others would desire a different mix; let us customize. But with this change, provide a straightforward way to show the entire tree, then revert to the prior hide/show mode.

+ Customizable right-click would be wonderful, and/or expand the number of Recent items. (It would be interesting to know what everyone's Recent items are, in case there's a pattern that could help MC better organize the fixed right-click options.)

+ Do not auto-expand Playing Now, I've never found the things it exposes to be useful at that time, it just clutters the left column.

+ Allow more customization of menus and toolbar and the like, to further improve user efficiency. For instance, the Action Window has a bunch of actions I never ever use (used to, but not anymore), yet my brain must scan the long-ish list to select the one item I want. Let the user choose what actions are in the Action Window, presuming everything else continues to be in the menus. Which raises the point, why does the top menu not have an Actions item that contains the same things as the Action Window menu?

+ How about more consistent organizing and labeling of menu options? At least a few things are not where expected, either given different names, or suboptions of other things that require experience to discover and remember.  For instance, Player > Display Options offers a bit of control over how Cover Art images appear, but that's all. YET, there's a lot more display to control while playing a track.. but how? The same Player menu also has Playing Now and Playback Options, which seem useful but do NOT provide control over what is on-screen while playing (huh?). It likely takes several clicks to determine what is controlled in these three sections of the Player menu. But gets worse, because several major Playing Now / Display settings are usually hidden, with no clue they exist, unless Display Options is improved.

+ With Display Options as an example, improve placement of action/menu items that (oddly) only appear within other things, otherwise being not useable or even findable. EXAMPLE: How to control what is shown during playing now, while a track is playing? Very obscure to control. Seems like Player menu item Display Options might do it, but it just provides diddling with Cover Art image. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE: Play a track and essential display options appear -- but only while a track is playing. Stop the track and they disappear again. It takes luck to click Display Options while actually playing and discover the wonders it usually hides.

+ Add UI options for Images Only and Video Only to the current Audio Only mode. Not having this makes MC much more confusing to learn and use, because inappropriate things are not obviously inappropriate, and sometimes lead to unwanted outcomes. And, since MC already provides Triple Value (there's a marketing bullet point) by handling the three main media types, why not make it simpler to cleanly use them?

+ Support PDF as a fourth media type. Having straightforward support of PDF organizing, viewing and tagging could be a big big attraction in business contexts.

+ Allow Tag window to be floated -- and/or provide a separate floating, resizable tag window that can be opened and kept open as the user desires. This has been requested forever, so likely it is not easy, but perhaps there's a compromise? Expanding the fixed tag box is not ideal, because it requires extra clicking to open/close, and because sometimes the need is to see wider fields as well as more fields.

+ Allow font control in views, at the row and/or column level. Not all columns/fields are of equal importance to the user, it would be nice to do things like show song names larger, artist names in bold, certain fields in monospaced font -- whatever the user wants.

+ Allow customized view layouts to be interchangeable among ALL view-type screens, to save and re-use in any type of view, whether user-created or built-in or generated by MC or whatever. It is crazy to get a view all tweaked up then have to do it again and again, with built-in views at some point discarding the user changes.

I don't know what is "simple" for JR to implement, but helping current and new users seems desirable. I'm watching the current rebirth of WinAmp, which claims to have the largest world-wide user base, and promises all kinds of UI and features improvements. It might be a new ballgame...

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

jondavis

• World Citizen
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2018, 08:20:54 pm »

+ Support PDF as a fourth media type. Having straightforward support of PDF organizing, viewing and tagging could be a big big attraction in business contexts.

I have a PDF added to my Library.
I know when you set it up for like Audio, Video, Image, Data - that you have to have Data selected.
Maybe that is new, I don't know.

MikeO

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2018, 07:38:25 am »

I go with BigEntry

The GUI has to be complex to do the things it does.

Personally I spend little time in the main app, I maintain my library there then it’s JRemote on either iPad or Android phone in my listening chair.

As a tool it doesn’t have to look sexy but it does have to have the functionality

I have used Mc for 7 years with no major complaints

Don’t try to turn it into something it isn’t

Mike

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2018, 08:02:32 pm »

In theatre view, horizontal navigated views, make page up advance one whole page to the right and page down go back one whole page to the left (like wmc).

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2018, 06:03:54 pm »

There is a way of doing this right now (although not with JRiver’s default albums view) by simply filling up that row thus hiding the slider.

Thanks for that! I've added another tab just to hide that slider.

zonka

• World Citizen
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2018, 10:40:33 pm »

Similar to some above - I would like to be able to choose the size and location of music artwork in the theater view Playing Now screen.  If I have a cool slide show going behind the art I would like to make it medium or small size and put it in a corner so it is still there but I can see more of the slideshow behind it.

Thanks for considering!

If6was9

• Recent member
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2018, 06:03:24 am »

There is the possibility in JRiver, to view the library of movies with the frequency logo Hz (frame rate) like this ?

Or is it possible to use an external skin that allows it?

Thanks

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2018, 10:09:30 am »

A small but v useful (timesaving) one for the DSP studio window

Add a copy button so you can copy the highlighted row

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2018, 08:44:24 am »

I like the idea of updating the video playback OSD - its not a new one, either. Get some additional info on the main OSD page, remove some of the "informational" pages in the process (since its on the main page then), and keep the settings pages.
It would increase the usability as well, since some of those rarely used pages with the description etc are being consolidated, and only the actually useful pages remain.

Unfortunately I'm a bit challenged in the graphical creativity department :D
How about utilizing tool tip engine's codebase here? That way it would be also user configurable. Of course aspect ratio of the rectangle would be different from attached image
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up