INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External DAC Compatability  (Read 898 times)

Andy1701

• Recent member
External DAC Compatability
« on: September 20, 2018, 07:47:13 am »

I need to find a high quality music / audio player manager that is compatible with an external HI RES DAC. (Itunes isn't)

I am using an OPPO HA2SE external hi res audio DAC with both my windows laptop using the USB output and my mobile devices (Android) using the digital output. I have tried using Itunes and Music Bee but both seem incompatible as every time I stop and change track I have to reset the DAC connection  by unplugging the head phones from the DAC , why this resets the connection I do not know but it does . I have been told by OPPO, the manufacturers of the DAC that both Itunes and Music bee are not compatible with an HI RES audio external DAC

I store a lot of my audio files as WAV files but also some MP3 files. I want a media manager or player that will be fully compatible with an External DAC and not require me to keep plugging and unplugging the headphones which somehow restores the connection when I either stop or change tracks will jriver do this for me as well as providing the best quality audio Thanks

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: External DAC Compatability
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:06:18 am »

I'm sorry but must chuckle at ITunes being a High Quality player.
JRiver has a full feature 30day free trial. take it for a spin and see. someone will probally be along to fully answer your question tho...good luck
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 09:23:03 am »

I'm not familiar with that particular DAC, but Media Center definitely supports high-res USB DACs. That the DAC somehow locks up sounds weird though, even if other applications might not be able to fully support high-res playback.
Check if the DAC perhaps has ASIO drivers, thats usually the best choice - if the manufacturer makes them available. Otherwise WASAPI is usually fine.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

adrixadrix

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 09:26:29 am »

Hello, let me tell you that it doesn't hurt to go for the 30 day trial of JRiver and see/listen for your self if it fulfills your needs.
But, since the HA2SE is a "headphone amp", may be your problem lies within the DAC... It's a guess, don't know for sure, in any case, try JRiver to eliminate issues with the hardware.

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 02:14:35 pm »

I use an Oppo HA-2 as a usb dac/headphone amp to listen to hi res audio from my little gigabyte brix device running MC 24.0.52. It works beautifully. You can download the asio driver from their website.
Pages: [1]   Go Up