INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem synching with Samsung S8  (Read 885 times)

pinoyputi

• Recent member
Problem synching with Samsung S8
« on: September 04, 2018, 05:27:09 am »

Maybe somebody can help on this. Since MC24 (64bit) I am having problems syncing my playlist to the Samsung S8. The initial sync goes well but when I want to update the playlists on my phone it sees the tracks but don't count the amount of MB's it takes. So it wont sync because my storage is full. As I know it has something to do with the files; JRinfo.xml andJRstate.xml in the root on my S8. I noticed that the moment MC24 sees the tracks the files (JRinfo.xml andJRstate.xml) disappear from my phone. I tried to put back a copy but this won't work. Maybe it has to do with another strange thing. I included a screenshot where it shows that I have 256 TB on my device which will be full after sync. Secondly I seem to go over 2303 PB when I sync my 5589 files.
Luckily MC24 is very fast but still I don't want to sync 5589 mp3/flacs to my device. Any help?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem synching with Samsung S8
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 07:40:53 am »

Odd thing that it seems to calculate the file sizes so badly. I'll take a look over the next few days.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

pinoyputi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 07:05:41 am »

Any luck?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 03:16:37 am »

I'm looking at it right now. Hopefully I can replicate the issue on my own S8, otherwise its going to get tricky.

I'm not quite sure how it would ever report such wrong values however. We specifically ask the device for its capacity in bytes, but for some reason yours ends up an order of magnitude too high? The same seems to apply for the files themselves, for some reason its all too high. Unfortunately the file size is being used to identify files which need to sync, so if its reported wrong, this might go entirely crazy.

Which version of Windows are you on? That may make a difference as well.

Once MC is done assesing your drive, it should create a new JRInfo.xml, can you upload that here for me to look at?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

pinoyputi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 06:08:07 am »

I doubt if you can replicate. I saw it twice but have a hard time to replicate. I changed my USB cable and re-installed the Samsung USB drivers and sync seemed a bit more reliable. I did a initial sync with 5800 tracks yesterday. It all went well. Then I added a few songs to a playlist and synced. It went well. Today I added a new playlist with 24 tracks. It went well but there is an issue I tell you later. Then I tried to remove the playlist again. It counted the amounts of Mb's correctly. But it takes ages. Even though it says 11% finished one minute to go, which transfers to 2 minutes, 3 minutes etc.. When finally finished I checked the phone. It left the playlist but with only 3 tracks on it. Then I added the new playlist again. It synced correctly but again with time issues. At 11% it went from 1 to 3 minutes. At 59% it went from 1 to 30 minutes. At 70% it went back to 8 minutes. Then the hourglass came visible, my taskbar disappears and JRiver gives a "not responding" . Actually, every time I close MC24 it does exactly the same.  So, yeah, I don't know where to go from here.

By the way, I can't send my JRInfo because it is too large 3.57MB.

pinoyputi

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 02:32:45 am »

Any news on your side?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 02:34:57 am »

Because of the intermittent nature of the issues, unfortunately there won't be any quick fixes. We'll work on making it more stable as we can.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up