INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have several questions ...  (Read 1476 times)

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
I have several questions ...
« on: June 01, 2003, 06:18:17 pm »

I did a search and couldn't find these. Forgive me if they've been covered before ...

1 - New user to MC9. Is there anyway for the "recently played" information to be bi-directionally synced between my handheld mp3 player? Currently, it just "counts" what's been played on my PC. (BTW- I have a 30GB iPod)

2 - Song ratings are similarly not bi-directionally synced. If I tag a song on the PC, then sync, the rating doesn't appear on my iPod. Vice versa also doesn't show ratings assigned on the iPod.

3 - Several problems with Cover Art on some of my mp3s. I ripped many using MusicMatch which show appropriately in that program. Unfortunately, only about 80% show cover art in MC9 (I use the "Cover Art Spectrum" visualization). I will get a generic cover art design on certain songs. Some I have ripped myself (with MM8), some I have downloaded and tagged (with MM8). I have tried looking up the Cover art with MC9, but must be doing something wrong, as I can't get it to appear.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for any repeated questions.

Thanks!

gvag

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: I have several questions ...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2003, 07:19:09 pm »

Can't offer any help on the first two items but re cover Art some things to check:

1)  For albums that do show covers check your properties/Images to see if they're stored in the file.

2)  Check Options/File Naming and point Track Images to your Cover Art folder or copy your covers to MC default folder.

3)  When you do an Tools/Media Import click the advanced button and make sure jpg and any other applicable extentions are checked.  MC will default the list to your Options/File Associations list which if memory serves usually defaults to ignoring static type image files.

4)  If you use the context menu in the Content pane and choose Cover Art/Quick Find In File/Cover Art Directory MC will only find files that use Artist - Album naming convention which matches with your albums Artist and album fields.  So if a file was named "Bill Evans - Blue in Green - Front cover.jpg" MC won't pick it up.

Hope this helps.

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2003, 07:30:12 pm »

Thanks for the response ... I got the cover art to work, but have found that many of my albums aren't in the YADB. Is there a good place to search cover art? I can't find it on the CDDB and the MM art that was imported is a lot smaller than MC uses.

Is there a more complete listing of Cover Art than YADB so I can paste in artwork for these "rogue" albums?

Thanks again!

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2003, 11:56:11 pm »

Hi JC,

YADB does not acyually store cover art.  The cover art is retrieved from somewhere else.  If you want to get cover art for your albums you have two choices.  First one is to download King Spartas Chart, Lyrics, Covers and Bios finder - advantages - quick and efficient, disad - huge download (about 9MB).  This is available from the MC9 downloads page.  Secondly you can download Gotcha covered B4.  This does not have the best interface in the world but works well and is only a 1MB download.  Available from http://home.mchsi.com/~ron.crawley
Hope this helps

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2003, 08:21:41 am »

>> disad - huge download (about 9MB).
what!!!

it only takes me a few seconds to download it.

>> Secondly you can download Gotcha covered B4.
it sucks, if you hold mine up against his, mine is bigger and better.

It's also free.

I am thinking about taking the large databases out of it, maybe making that a seperate package.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 10:08:36 am »

I'll respond to #1 and #2:

The Windows-formatted iPods have the playcount and ratings features disabled in the firmware of the iPod -- there is, at this time, no way for MC9 to take advantage of these features.

I predict that, around December, when Apple releases iTunes for Windows, these features will be re-enabled and MC9 will be able to incorporate them.  Until then, if you want playcounts and ratings to talk between the two, you'll have to buy a macintosh.

Cheers!
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 12:56:54 pm »

Hey King,

I wasn't knocking your program...I was just warning the guy it was kinda large.  It's okay for me to downlaod a 9MB file but would be nasty for a 56Ker.  Notice I did say your plug in was
quick and efficient
.  Just trying to be allthings to all sides ;D  And the new version of gotcha covered is a lot better although yours is still better and is integrated with MC...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up