INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Burning problem  (Read 991 times)

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
CD Burning problem
« on: May 28, 2003, 09:10:28 pm »

Just FYI: when I burn a CD with "decode directly to CD" enabled, all tracks except the first start a few seconds before the marker for the beginning of the track. What I mean is that if I put the CD in and then press "next track" on the CD player until I get to, say, track 3, I will actually be a few seconds into the song. If I rewind a few seconds before the beginning of track 3, I get the actual beginning of the song. This is with the "burn DSP effects" option disabled, so it's not a side effect of crossfades or anything like that.

I'm fine with disabling "decode directly to CD", but I thought y'all might like to know...

Here's my MC information:

Media Center Registered 9.0.175 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1299 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 350 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-48125W         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Azure

• Recent member
  • Bling!
Re: CD Burning problem
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 02:04:01 pm »

I had the same problem, as well.  The markers were all off the further into the CD I'd go.  Disabling the direct to CD burning fixed it.  

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 07:51:32 am »

I can't reproduce this here. What format are the files? Do you have the "Use CrossFade/DSP" option unchecked in the burn dialog?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 07:59:32 am »

I can't reproduce this here. What format are the files? Do you have the "Use CrossFade/DSP" option unchecked in the burn dialog?

I'm burning WMA files. I haven't tested whether the same thing happens with MP3. I have experienced the same thing with Crossfade/DSP both enabled and disabled (I thought that crossfading might be the problem, but it didn't affect the problem).

If you need any system information other than that which I included above, just let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up