INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me understand Sort Precedence in MC  (Read 402 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Help me understand Sort Precedence in MC
« on: September 29, 2018, 09:32:28 am »

All,

After a recent rebuild of the HTPC and the inability for Date Imported to be used for my "Recent Albums" view - I moved the library to a new date structure based on this thread:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,97481.0.html

I have been able to fill my new tags with the correct dates for albums added since 1/1/2018 and it is working - but I am struggling with the order of the different sorts I keep discovering and also cannot figure our how to get my new "Recent Albums" sort to work via JRemote.

Firstly - I would love to be able to understand the sort order precedence for a View within MC. I have discovered the following:

Sort 1 can happen when I right click on a view on the tree and choose Customize View. The Customize View dialog opens (See MCViewSortOption1)
Sort 2 can happen by chovering over the view "Tab" (Albums in my case) which exposes a custom sort option (See MCViewSortOption2)
Sort 3 can happen when I go into the Customize View dialog and click "Set rules for File Display - the poorly labelled "Edit Search" dialog appears where I can define yet another sort (See MCViewSortOption3)

With all these things in play - which one rules and is in effect? I can see from my screencaps that something is determining sort order since there now seems to be no sort value in play in screencap 1 (MCViewSortOption1). The value was set to Date Imported but now it is set to nothing?

Secondly - on the HTPC - my Recent Albums view (when clicking on the Tree) is working perfectly now that I am using Date Added (Raw) (z-a) as my sort parameter. But I cannot seem to get the Recent Albums view to work the same when displayed for JRemote. (See MCViewSortOptionJRemote)

If I access Show Categories In This Order and click Edit - there is no option in here to use my custom field (Date Added (Raw)) as a sort parameter for the Album category that appears. Then I thought I could make it work if I clicked Set Rules for File Display. (See MCViewSetOptionsFileDisplay). But when I added a "new" modifier of Sort By->"Date Added (Raw) (Z-A) - this results in putting all the album tracks in some bizarre order and the actual album sort (using my new Date Added) is all messed up as well.

Apologies for the complex ramble here - but this one has me stumped. There must be a way to replicate a view properly so it appears the same over JRemote as it does on the desktop.

Appreciate any tips on what I am missing here.

Cheers!

VP

Pages: [1]   Go Up