INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgraded my DAC and now JRiver is not working…  (Read 90 times)

MSchott

• Recent member
Upgraded my DAC and now JRiver is not working…
« on: May 01, 2024, 08:30:13 pm »

I had been using an Oppo Sonica as the music source for my 2 channel system but due to lack of support and its age I upgraded to the Cambridge Audio MXN10 DAC/Streamer so I could have access to Tidal and other music apps. My JRiver server shows up on the Cambridge Stream Magic app, just like on the Sonica app but when I choose a file there is no music. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Keep in mind I’m only reasonably fluent in JRiver terminology.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgraded my DAC and now JRiver is not working…
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 02:58:31 am »

What file types?  Are they supported by your DAC in that mode?

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 01:10:07 pm »

Can you see the MXN10 under Playing Now in Media Center?  If so, can you play to it from Media Center.
It might be worth installing the White Bear analyzer and see what it has to say.  There may be some settings you need to change. https://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

MSchott

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 09:05:22 pm »

Thank you both. The files are ape and wma. Only WMA is supported by the DAC. My network server is hosted on a Mac and it looks like White Bear only works on a Windows computer. JRiver in my Mac does show the MXN10 under Playing Now and I have it highlighted. I can get it to play WMA files if I use JRiver directly from the computer but not with the app on my phone. I’ll try to play with some settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up