INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move iso files  (Read 700 times)

dtblair

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Move iso files
« on: October 04, 2018, 10:11:31 am »

I'm always adding new SACD rips to iso and am now in the process of consolidating some under new directories.  If they have already been added to JRiver, this can't be done.  If I use rename / move command, this doesn't work.  If I delete the files from JRiver, move the iso and try to re import, this doesn't work.  I can import the file if I change the iso name but it won't update the metadata from the xml.  How do you move iso's?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Move iso files
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 09:20:52 am »

I just tried "Rename, move & copy files".  It works.  Can you give some details on what you are trying to achieve and how you did it?  Which version of MC are you using?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

ErikN

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 11:47:45 am »

If I use rename / move command, this doesn't work.

I interpret this as: Used the system (command prompt) rename / move.
Renaming or moving outstide of MC will likely result in MC losing track of the file (shows up with a red minus badge).

If I delete the files from JRiver, move the iso and try to re import, this doesn't work.

MC tracks deletions specifically to avoid re-importing something you told MC you wanted removed. This is expected and is why renaming the file allows re-import.

but it won't update the metadata from the xml.

This is because the sidecar xml file (contains metadata) likely was not moved and renamed when you tried the delete / move / rename / reimport process.

However, Yaobing specified the proper way to do this. Use MC's "rename, move & copy" pop-up. I think F6 is the short cut. This lets you batch move and rename files including filename substitutions. I do this almost every day without ill effect.

dtblair

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 05:01:45 pm »

I use the F6 command, but that doesn't work.  The SACD iso is comprised of 8+ tracks that JRiver labels song.iso;1, etc.  Renaming these doesn't help because they are not the name of the original file which is "song.iso".  An earlier post (I think back from 2012) had a convoluted two step process of renaming the original file then renaming each of the iso;1, etc files which I didn't quite understand. 

Regarding the deletion, why does JRiver not allow importing of "deleted" files if I tell the import to not ignore previously deleted files?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 10:28:02 pm »

Do not mind the numbers appended at the end of each name (song.iso;1 etc.).  That is just MC's way of distinguishing different tracks in the same file.

Maybe you are trying to rename instead of moving to a different folder?

I just tried again.  Filename change is ignored.  I am not sure if this was done for a reason.  Other than that, all works. 

Using F6 tool, I can move the file to a different folder.

I also tried deleting the file from MC library, as you did, and moving the file in Windows Explorer, including renaming the file name, and then re-importing it.  It works.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up