INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: force link to a specific (Default) view?  (Read 421 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
force link to a specific (Default) view?
« on: October 05, 2018, 01:59:09 am »

Hi al

i really like the handy link option. one issue is that the links act differently depending on the current view you are in. IE if im in a 'playlist' view when pressing the link it opens the link in the playlist view which is annoying (to me at least :)). Can one define that pressing the link will open it always in a specific (Default) view such as my main music view?

best

Z

tiberiuspv

• Recent member
Re: force link to a specific (Default) view?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 08:59:49 am »

I really like the idea. This behavior is one reason I do not use links very often.

In the same vein, it would be nice to be able to define more precisely what is being searched when clicking on a link. For example, for classical music, there are 2 natural ways to group tracks: by CD and by work. It would be nice to be able to click a link on a track and get either of those two groups in the correct view. But the search when following a link is generic, so you often get way too many tracks. Being able to restrict the search would help solve this problem (for example, when clicking on a Work link, get only the tracks which match the work, the opus and the composer).
Pages: [1]   Go Up