INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wish List MC24: Bring back Vintage PreAmp Audio Choices !!!  (Read 457 times)

robspierre

• Recent member
Wish List MC24: Bring back Vintage PreAmp Audio Choices !!!
« on: October 08, 2018, 03:56:25 pm »

McIntosh analog preamps of yesteryear had 2 features that I find particularly worth reviving:

Instead of a 'one size fits all' Loudness option, the term Contour meant that a variable EQ was available, as every power amp/loudspeaker/room acoustics/gain level variation results in a different EQ need at lower SPL output. While this was a rotary dial, a linear control would make more sense. More perfecter, such an adjustment is purely subjective; having this control on the remote control is only logical as I've never met anyone who can manipulate their MC manually from their preferred listening position. This however could be a result of me not getting out much...

A second feature that I've used before allows wide variation in signal output selection, in 2 channels anyway. this was abbreviated on a rotary dial and went something like this : L to L&R, MONO, STEREO, R to R&L. This can help with old recordings and intelligibility, Originally mono recordings that you bought the 'double sync'ed mono version (erroneously referred to as 'Stereo') that you want to hear as originally intended in mono (correctly referred to as L&R Summed in this case), or setting EQ on speakers individually with a preferred stereo source summed to Mono, as well as for musicians who are trying to emphasize an instrument to learn/practice. While more complicated, I guess this could be expanded to multi-channel options. You should charge more for that; if they can afford more speakers, then logically they can shell out for this as well...

Generally, there are current choices within these pull down menus I will never use, under the main headers Main, Edit, View Player, Tools, and Help. For example: Zone, Preview Mode, Volume, Language, etc. There are other choices that are currently in the Options section (or the stuff on my wish list for example that I'm certain you will start to work on as soon as you read this, and finish my award ceremony) that I would prefer on the top Pull Down Menus. Swapping out these options would be swell. Like most MC features, I would probably never figure out how to use them, but it would be comforting to know they were there none the less!  Godspeed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up