INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zoneswitch configuration  (Read 1486 times)

jorsan

• World Citizen
Zoneswitch configuration
« on: September 30, 2018, 07:56:31 am »

Hi,
I have 2 zones: MUSIC and VIDEO. I want the to switch between them automatically. I went to zoneswitch, then I enable it, and add "music" (cd's) and "video" (movies, family movies, video clips, etc). When I open them to set the rules I do this:

For music:
Display name: music
Engage when ... : (left blank)
Play in this zone: music
Stop playback in these .... : video

For video :
Display name: video
Engage when ... : (left blank)
Play in this zone: video
Stop playback in these .... : music

Problem is that doesn't switch when I play for example a cd and then a movie. Can you help?, thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zoneswitch configuration
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 10:39:17 am »

The "Engage When" is the key to making it switch automatically.  An example of what you might want to use for your Video zone "engage rule":

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Video]
Do the same thing for Audio, except use the Audio media type instead.  This should make the zone switch work as you are wanting it to.

Brian.

jorsan

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:05:40 am »

Thanks a lot for your help Bryan. I follow your advice and works but in jst one way: if I'm in "music" and play a video the system do the switch, but if Im in "video" and play a song does not ... any suggestions?/

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 02:36:17 pm »

It sounds like you set up the Engage rule for Video and that works.  But maybe you didn't put in the Engage rule for Audio?

Brian.

jorsan

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 02:50:28 pm »

Here is how I configure  the 2 zones (sorry for the quality, I took the pictures to my TV):

swiv3d

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 03:27:31 pm »

Try [Media Type] = [Audio]  You have [Music]

jorsan

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 03:46:51 pm »

Problem solved, thanks swiv3d !

jorsan

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 04:40:30 am »

Need some more help if its possible: for some reason (don't understand why), my GPU passthru movies audio sound under wasapi only but no under directsound, BUT for music video clips  the only way to listen is to set it up as direct sound. First would like to solve this issue to play everything under wasapi, but if ths is not possible, would like to know what paramente to use to configure a third zone to auto switch, that everytime that I choose an specific smart playlist, this new zone will be enable. (I use bitstreaming out to HDMI: my processor takes care of audio codec). Thanks

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 02:37:02 pm »

It sounds like maybe your WASAPI driver is only accepting 48kHz audio and your music video files are something else (like 44.1kHz for example).  Or it might be the other way around.  See this part of the Wiki for details:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Exclusive_Access#Issues_with_Disabling_Exclusive_Access_in_WASAPI

The upshot is that you should either turn on exclusive access, or set MC's DSP Studio to resample all of your audio to a common sampling rate (the rate you have selected as the default in the WASAPI driver).

Brian.

jorsan

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 03:31:54 pm »

Thanks Brian, problem solved. Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up