INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: theatre view skin  (Read 1963 times)

Wull

• World Citizen
theatre view skin
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:37:49 pm »

Hi.

Upgraded from version 21 to 24 today. I then used the library I backed up from 21 to restore 24. So I was kind of expecting a mirror copy of both versions. However, when I'm in version 24 theatre view I no longer have a skin showing behind my movie collection, the wall is completely black. I've had a look at tools/options/theatre view/skin but both versions look exactly the same

How do I change this please?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: theatre view skin
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 03:36:52 pm »

You probably need to copy the theater view skin and theme files from your v21 folder to the same location in your v24 folder. They won't be copied automatically.

-marko

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 02:11:10 am »

Thanks. Tried this. This hasn't worked either. So I installed 24 on another PC. Now this shows a skin when in Theatre view. So why on one PC yet not on another.....Strange  ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 06:19:46 pm »

Have you set up a Theme on the original PC?

The background behind movies is defined by the Theme, and the associated settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 03:39:59 am »

The Theme is set to Default/background skin image.

My HTPC is partitioned. One partition I leave strictly for JRiver, the other for calibration. The calibration partition set's JRiver up with a Theme 'skin'. (this is also works on my office PC). It's just not working on the HTPC JRiver partition.

I uninstalled JRiver V21 then reinstalled yesterday. The Theme 'skin' still worked after this. So I tried this with V24, but still no luck. Don't know if it's a firewall issue or GPU or? I disabled the firewall, again no luck....

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 05:24:53 pm »

Did you check the associated settings, such as "Background", "Online media slideshow" etc. in MC24?

Also check that the default Theme on your HTPC still has the content you are expecting, such as the Van Gogh images. The theme can be found at "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 24\Skins\Theater View\Themes" for the 64bit version.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 12:49:34 pm »

Yep, checked these. They are all correct. I will keep trying! 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 07:33:52 pm »

Try changing the Theatre View skin to "Obsidian" with the "Default" theme. That should work in all installations.

If not, it has to be something to do with the way your partitions are set up. I assume that they are independent Boot Partitions, and each has their own MC installation? If not, and you are sharing the MC installation somehow, then I would assume that the HTPC JRiver installation is pointing to the Calibration installation Themes, and it doesn't have permission to view the files in there.

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 10:46:41 am »

Unfortunately I have the Theatre view skin set to Obsidian with the Default theme, this hasn't worked.

Yeah your right, I run independent boot partitions with their own MC installation.

I really don't want to do a fresh Windows installation, but I'm getting the feeling this is going to be the only way to resolve this issue?

What is strange is i'm able to change the background color (black, Artic white etc). But when set it to 'skin image' the background is black.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 05:05:35 pm »

I really don't want to do a fresh Windows installation, but I'm getting the feeling this is going to be the only way to resolve this issue?

That won't help this situation at all. Just a waste of time. Themes are very simple. Point to a directory, display the contents. Windows will not affect whether that works or not.

The only time I have seen what you are describing is when I tried to use a Theme with a WMV video background, and MC wouldn't play the video, just showing a black background. The Default Theme should only contain JPGs.

What I suggest you do is use the "Create zip file of current theme" function to create a zip of the Default theme on your calibration system, copy that zip to your HTPC partition, delete the Default theme directory, start MC and then use the "Install theme from zip file" function to reinstall that theme. Then make sure that the Default theme is selected.

Basically, just make sure that the Default Theme directory only contains the original Default Theme files, and no others, and that they are all viewable.

See how that goes.

Oh, also, if you have the "Online media slideshow" setting turned on, when you are sitting in a list of TV Episodes then images relating to the highlighted program will be displayed. If you have the "Online media slideshow" setting turned off, then Theme images should show behind episodes.

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 05:59:01 am »

OK. Tried as you suggested. I created a zip file. Deleted the default one. Installed from zip file. Unfortunately this never worked either.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 06:37:38 pm »

It has to be something to do with your partitioning, or you are overlooking a setting, even though your compared them and said they were the same in each installation.

Try creating a new Theme when working in the HTPC partition alone, using some of your own JPGs, switch to that Theme and see if the images show up. If not, I think you must be missing some setting.

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 10:49:25 am »

Yep, it got me beat. So I've done a fresh 'Windows' install. This has resolved the issue  :)

Thanks for all your help RoderickGI. We got there in the end!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up